D&D 5E D&D Mythic Odysseys of Theros Previews!

Mythic Odysseys of Theros may have been delayed until the end of July for most of us, but Fantasy Grounds has revealed some (undoubtedly specially approved) previews for us to look at in the meantime!

Mythic Odysseys of Theros may have been delayed until the end of July for most of us, but Fantasy Grounds has revealed some (undoubtedly specially approved) previews for us to look at in the meantime!

Screen Shot 2020-05-09 at 1.13.09 AM.png
Screen Shot 2020-05-09 at 1.13.19 AM.png
Screen Shot 2020-05-09 at 1.13.29 AM.png
Screen Shot 2020-05-09 at 1.13.38 AM.png
Screen Shot 2020-05-09 at 1.13.48 AM.png
Screen Shot 2020-05-09 at 1.13.56 AM.png
Screen Shot 2020-05-09 at 1.14.05 AM.png

Marandahir

Crown-Forester (he/him)
Huh. I'm surprised that what we saw is what we get. I mean, I knew we were getting Bard & Paladin subclasses each, plus Centaur, Minotaur, Triton reprints and Satyr and Leonin new races, but I was guessing we might have gotten something else, player-oriented wise.

I'm sure the flavour texts for this Sword-and-Sandals Setting, not to mention the wealth of monsters, will more than make up for that lacking. It's more in line with Guildmaster's Guide to Ravnica than anything else; I guess that makes a lot of sense.

vpuigdoller

Adventurer
Now based on the table of contents image:
New background: Athlete
Races (Six): Human, Centaur, Leonin, Minotaur, Satyr and Triton which we knew.
An introduction, a character options section, a gazetteer, section on gods, a section on creating adventures and a section on monsters.

vpuigdoller

Adventurer
Huh. I'm surprised that what we saw is what we get. I mean, I knew we were getting Bard & Paladin subclasses each, plus Centaur, Minotaur, Triton reprints and Satyr and Leonin new races, but I was guessing we might have gotten something else, player-oriented wise.

I'm sure the flavour texts for this Sword-and-Sandals Setting, not to mention the wealth of monsters, will more than make up for that lacking. It's more in line with Guildmaster's Guide to Ravnica than anything else; I guess that makes a lot of sense.
One thing I liked from the Wildemount book was the adventure seeds in the gazetteer. I wish they do it in all setting books from now on but judging on the table f contents alone I don't think is the case.

Parmandur

Book-Friend

It's only five pages, but there is also the Supernatural Gift section, which is essentially a new Feat use variant. Not to mention there is probably a magic items action cut off near the bottom.

They tested a bunch of stuff for Theros last year, most of it just didn't make the final cut.

Last edited:

Parmandur

Book-Friend
Now based on the table of contents image:
New background: Athlete
Races (Six): Human, Centaur, Leonin, Minotaur, Satyr and Triton which we knew.
An introduction, a character options section, a gazetteer, section on gods, a section on creating adventures and a section on monsters.

Looks like a bit over 100 pages each for Monsters and stuff related to the gods, and about 100 pages total for player options, Gazateer and non-god Adventure generation material.

Structurely, this is an interesting variant on the Ravnica/Eberron model:

• Chapter 1: Player stuff
  • Chapter 2: The Guilds/General Gazateer/The Gods
  • Chapter 3: District 10 Gazateer/Sharn Gazateer/world Gazateer
  • Chapter 4: Adventure generation material
  • Chapter 5: Magic items...?
  • Chapter 6: Monsters, so many Monsters, as much as Volo's Guide!

Don't forget that Wildemount was written by an outside team, any influence might show up in future products if popular.

vpuigdoller

Adventurer
Looks like a bit over 100 pages each for Monsters and stuff related to the gods, and about 100 pages total for player options, Gazateer and non-god Adventure generation material.

Structurely, this is an interesting variant on the Ravnica/Eberron model:

• Chapter 1: Player stuff
  • Chapter 2: The Guilds/General Gazateer/The Gods
  • Chapter 3: District 10 Gazateer/Sharn Gazateer/world Gazateer
  • Chapter 4: Adventure generation material
  • Chapter 5: Magic items...?
  • Chapter 6: Monsters, so many Monsters, as much as Volo's Guide!

Don't forget that Wildemount was written by an outside team, any influence might show up in future products if popular.
That is very true.

Ash Mantle

Adventurer
If anyone is interested, here's SteelySam screenshotting pictures (with editing for clarity) from the official Wizards Twitch Stream on the upcoming Mythic Odysseys of Theros book, it does contain spoilers but unfortunately there's a fair bit of cut off, the spoilers shown are pretty interesting (he uses them as talking points in the video), but if you want to be pleasantly surprised by the book best not to watch it :)

Related Articles

Remove ads

Remove ads