• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

D&D weekenders | Kore | dead thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

doghead

thotd
OK. We have expressions of interest from six.
:: hurricain
:: sam
:: casar coeur de lion
:: assassination
:: dark nemesis
:: darkelf 109

I will post some more background and character generation guidelines over the course of the week so we can finalise players and work on characters next weekend. At the moment I am working on the basis that some of you will not be on the boards during the week. So we won't finalise anything except over the weekends.

However, feel free to post any thoughts, comments questions or suggestions at any time. I am usually around at some time each day.

Come to think of it, could you indicate whether you are (or expect to be) usually on the boards during the week or only over the weekends.

Sam

First Post
I usually get a chance to check in during the week. The email notification works great for that too!

doghead

thotd
Bulletin 1

| background |

Things have not been peaceful in the Kingdom recently. For years, the Houses struggled amoung themselves for power and influence. Alliances and allegiances shifted and changed rapidly. Disputes were common and often hit flashpoint. The Orcs came out of the mountains. Some whispered of a pact. More lives were lost and more land laid bare until a peace was brokered. A weary calm settled over the kingdom as the Houses licked their wounds (and prepared for next time).

But it was not all bad for House Oe. In return for its steadfast support of the Warlord, the lands of Karatsu were granted to the House. Although a relatively insignificant and poor district, a gift of land is a great honour in the Kingdom. However, for a small House like House Oe, it is also very dangerous one. Sending too many soldiers would weaken the House proper. Sending too few and failing to manage the land would be a loss of face. So, after spending the whole day in discussion with his most trusted advisers, Lord Oe commanded three detachments, 22 soldiers, to be prepared by dawn and summond the young Lord Ari to take them to Karatsu.

House Oe is located far from the capitol in the lands of the south. It is a relative old and honourable House, but a small provincial one all the same. Lord Oe is a traditionalist, not only espousing the virtues of service and moderation, but practicing them as well. He is widely respected and trusted by the people of Oe for his dedication to the land and its people. He rarely travels North.

| characters :: assuming the man-at-arms concept |

The characters form the mounted detachment (6 soldiers) of the small force sent by Lord Oe to take possession of Karatsu castle and region.The other two detachments (8 soldiers each) are infantry, largely made up of greener recruits stiffened with a couple of seasoned soldiers. All characters would need to be able to ride, wield a sword and use a bow. The weapons, armour and mounts will be of the same type.

All races and classses are potentially an option at the moment, within the following parameters. The characters are soldiers and must be able to handle themselves in a fight. I am looking at only two slots for non-human characters, one of which will be for a "larger" (9' tall, high Str) character, something along the lines of an ogre. Edit - see below for stat generation details.

The young lord will be an NPC. However, I am thinking about allowing the players (OOC) to determin what she tries to do. Her objective will be to secure control of the castle and lands and manage them until Lord Oe can organise a permanent force. The timeframe is about six months to year.

| others |

There are a number of races in the Kingdom. The most common are Kobalds. Orcs. Ogres. Giants. I will post some more background on these later.

Wild animals are plentiful. Crows. Foxes. Wolves. Tigers. Bears. etc.

Deamons are the great enemy - defilers of the land and spirit. But they exist only in legends and the tales mothers tell their children to frighten them.

| miscellaneous |

No coloured text please. It makes my eyes water. :(

Last edited:

Sam

First Post
Standard deities & domains from the PHB3.5? I'm thinking about a cleric with a war and/or protection domain.

doghead

thotd
Sam said:
Standard deities & domains from the PHB3.5? I'm thinking about a cleric with a war and/or protection domain.

Er, I don't have the PHB. I am not even sure what Domains are exactly. I don't think that they had them in AD&D. :p I assume that they are a type of theme.

Given that, war and/or protection sound fine. You can pick a Deity if you want. Could you sent me a brief description of the domain and deity. I am probably going to draft up some sort of pantheon for the world, so we can look at fitting the two together.

assassination

First Post
domains are what a cleric is most stong in. like Strength domain, war domain, sun domain, law domain, plant domain, healing domain. each domain gives the cleric extra spell other than her spells know. so the healing domain would alow her to have (Cure light, modereatr, serious, critical, healing circle). these spell she has plus the other spells that she pick.

so a level 3 cleric with 18 wis will get 4/3/2 spells per day plus she would have 4 extra per level because of the 18 wisdom. the domain (i think) give her the extra spells that are listed below the certian domain.

i don't have the 3.5 PHB and i would perfer to play 3e DnD.

Im Out

Yeah, I just spent $60 on the new books and am looking to get the most out of them, so I think I will find something more to the 3.5 theme. good luck though, and have fun

doghead

thotd
Re: Im Out

Casar Couer De' Lion said:
Yeah, I just spent $60 on the new books and am looking to get the most out of them, so I think I will find something more to the 3.5 theme. good luck though, and have fun

Cheers Casar. Thanks for letting me know. Good luck in your next game.

Last edited:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads