D&DExp Character Sheets!

Cam Banks

Adventurer
If the one theory about Fort, Will, and Ref drawing from the best of 2 ability scores is true, it would explain why Constitution and Dexterity have switched place in the order.

Cheers,
Cam

Last edited:

Knight Otu

First Post
Cam Banks said:
If the one theory about Fort, Will, and Ref drawing from the best of 2 ability scores is true, it would explain why Constitution and Dexterity have switched place in the order.

Cheers,
Cam
For what it's worth, it seems to work for the pit fiend if it has a base 18 for its saves.

Ulthwithian

First Post
Doing a quick bit of math, and a few 'natural' assumptions, I think we can pin down the racial attribute mods for the characters we see.

Dwarf Fighter - If you assume that Str and Con are the Dwarf 'bonus stats' (and that each race gets two), then her stats cost 6+10+4+2+6+0 = 28 points.

Half-Elf Warlock - Again, assume that Con and Cha are the bonus stats, and you get 2+6+3+8+0+10 = 29 points.

Tiefling Wizard - Assume that Int and Dex are the bonus stats. 2+2+4+16+1+4 = 29 points.

Without doing a bit more detailed analysis (LP FTW!), I think this is the best we can figure at this point.

RigaMortus2

First Post
LEHaskell said:
And the lesson here is....Don't steal the warlock's kill!

Well, since it is useable 1/turn and lasts until the enemy is dead, just keep popping the Curse on multiple enemies, and eventually you'll cause one of them to die off. Imagine killing multiple enemies off who you cursed all in the same turn. You'll be teleporting 3 squares multiple times. Cool effect... Err, I mean, neat effect (is that any better?)

Now I know why they kept using the term cool. It's so hard not to once you see the rules for yourself.

fafhrd

First Post
I'm experiencing fluff envy on the behalf of my next wizard. I wish they hadn't ported those clinical spell names.

Yes, I recognize that my gripe is petty. Carry on.

Last edited:

RigaMortus2

First Post
Ulthwithian said:
Doing a quick bit of math, and a few 'natural' assumptions, I think we can pin down the racial attribute mods for the characters we see.

Dwarf Fighter - If you assume that Str and Con are the Dwarf 'bonus stats' (and that each race gets two), then her stats cost 6+10+4+2+6+0 = 28 points.

Half-Elf Warlock - Again, assume that Con and Cha are the bonus stats, and you get 2+6+3+8+0+10 = 29 points.

Tiefling Wizard - Assume that Int and Dex are the bonus stats. 2+2+4+16+1+4 = 29 points.

Without doing a bit more detailed analysis (LP FTW!), I think this is the best we can figure at this point.

I am curious what you are using as the starting base number for each ability score? In 3E they all started at 8 (which is a -1 as we all know) and you start adding points to that, and we had a hand chart to use.

But since they seemed to remove negative modifiers for races (no more -2 +2), then wouldn't it stand to reason that the starting number for the ability scores is 10? Which would be average (no + or -).

I am curious how the numbers add up using that.

Of course, one thing I didn't think of, why do the sample PCs have 8s and 9s in some scores? Hmmm....

What if the starting number is lower? Or a zer0? And you build your stats from the ground up? What if the pregens were randomly rolled using 3d6? -- Is random rolling confirmed to be dropped as the default method? I forget...

Remove ads