[d20 Apocalypse] After the Blast IC - Chapter 2

ethandrew

First Post
Elway Cooper HP: 6.72/14

Initially Elway looks both to the people in front and behind him in line, wondering if it was in fact him that this little ragged girl was talking to. But the creature, he hadn't been sure what he had seen exactly, at least he hadn't been able to rationalize it in his head and qualify what it was he had really seen, but he saw something, that's for sure. And apparently so had this little girl, "Listen," he says, his voice quite as he lowered himself, still in line. "I don't know what I saw, but whatever it was, it wasn't natural, and I sure don't want to see it again."

Last edited:

ThWatcher

First Post
Janice Cardinal 11/13

Janice reaches out to hold his face(or collar) to keep him looking at her. In a quiet voice, she says to him, "But we need you and you need us. That creature ran away from you when it could have attacked you. We need that from you. And if the creature doesn't run away, you need us because we know how to kill it."

She takes a breath and rambles on. "We've killed one already, when it attacked us. There were 5 or 6 of us when it attacked. You don't want to be alone if it comes back for you."

ethandrew

First Post
Elway Cooper HP: 6.72/14

Without turning his head, the same one this little girl had between her two hands, he looks up at the men behind her, all staring back at him. He bites his lip for a brief moment, "I've been in line here for three hours," he says weakly, his voice trailing off as if admitting defeat.

Last edited:

Voda Vosa

First Post
"Seems little Janice here likes you amigo, I say you are fine to come along if you wish to help. Since we split up I feel... less protected." He shivers, before getting closer and speaking a low voice as for the others that are making the line can't hear
"We have some food, but we are going to get som spare part to repair our truck first. As you can see we are on the winning side, if you don't mind me saying that myself. "

airwalkrr

Adventurer
Day 1, November 4th, 2020, Approx. 8:35 AM (14:35 GMT)

[sblock=ThWatcher]I'm not sure why I thought you were using blue. I might have done it when I was tired and not paying close attention. I'll list you as purple on the opening post.[/sblock]
The people in line continue to stare and Janice and Elway. This is the most exciting thing that has happened in hours. Elway can't help but feel there is something... unique about this girl though. She described an event that happened miles away yesterday with incredible accuracy. Perhaps it is just a coincidence. Maybe she had been watching him at the time. But maybe not. And given the lack of nearby friends he has now, some allies could be useful.

ethandrew

First Post
Elway stands up straight, towering over the young girl, he contemplates for just a moment or two before nodding and exiting the line, "I'm Elway," he says, shaking the hands of the latin man, the bigger man, the police officer, and finally the young girl, though he's a little more gentle with this handshake than the other men.

ThWatcher

First Post
Janice Cardinal 11/13

Janice accepts the his hand shake with a smile. She then takes her place as the group gets ready to continue to the auto parts store.

airwalkrr

Adventurer
With the addition of Elway, your group makes its way to Lang's. There is an uneasy silence for a minute before Officer Beeman stops in his tracks. "Alright, listen. I'm probably going to regret asking this, but what the hell just happened back there? I'm hearing talk about a creature and all of the sudden this man, whom none of you seem to know, decides to join us out of the blue. If you people know something, I think it's time you let me in on it."

You all look back and forth at each other for a few moments. The officer has put you in an unusual situation. But before any of you can say anything, Harry speaks up, "Guys, he is a police officer. Maybe we should tell him. You know, about what we saw? I mean if this Elway saw it too..." his voice trails off.

Voda Vosa

First Post
"Al right, not a big deal I think, It is all explainable. Logically." Francisco sighs.
"We were looking for spare parts for our truck on an abandoned car parts shop. We found a corpse, and nearby we encountered "something". My scientific guess is that it was some sort of mutated arthropod. Most likely an insect. Perhaps the explosion forced a quick evolution process, and produced that mutation. That said I ever saw something like that creature. It was hostile, and attacked us on sight." Explains the scientist. "Aparently this man saw something in the lines of the creature. Perhaps it was the same individual, perhaps not. How did Janice here knew about that? That sir I do not know. Trying to explain it would put my scientific knowledge on the plank, so I will not even try."

airwalkrr

Adventurer
Day 1, November 4th, 2020, Approx. 8:55 AM (14:55 GMT)

The officer shakes his head, "I thought evolution was supposed to take thousands of years. Can a nuke really do that?" Then, thinking better of his question, he holds up his hands and speaks again, "You know what, I don't want to know. They never taught us about THAT kind of thing in disaster training. I suppose I'll just have to see it for myself to understand. Maybe it was an injured animal of some kind. I seen my fair share of those. Let's just keep going."

It takes another twenty minutes to find your way to Lang's. But it is easy enough to find. You come to a store that looks more or less like a storage warehouse. Out front is a large white sign with blue lettering that says "Lang's Auto Parts - serving you for over 30 years." The ash continues to fall gently on the lawn, almost making it look like there was a recent snow storm, a dirty snow storm. There are a few vehicles in the lot, but otherwise the place seems more or less deserted. As you approach the entrance, you see a hand-written sign in the window that says "bottled WAter, food, or feul acepted as trade. all CAsH prices tripple." The odd lettering and poor spelling indicates it was quite hastily written. At seeing the sign, Officer Beeman appears to get quite angry. "Alright," he mutters, "I've about had it with this opportunistic :):):):):):):):)." He enters ahead of you, demanding to speak with a manager. A teenager in a red vest points to an office near the back where heated words are heard. As Officer Beeman approaches the office, a red-faced man storms out of the office and makes for the exit, apparently very displeased. A balding man with dark hair and a bushy mustache steps into the door frame for the office. "Yeah? What I can I do ya for, officer?"

Remove ads