[d20 Apocalypse] After the Blast IC - Chapter 2

Felix1459

First Post
Michael Taylor 29/58

Damage taken as a result from the blast. (1d50+25=51)

As Michael helps the group start moving things back to the truck he just listens to the group and accepts any "thank you's" with a simple "your welcome."

He talks with anyone who talks to him but keeps the conversation light so as to concentrate on moving the parts as needed. He offers his help in anyway he can and makes an effort to ask everyones name, then use it when he talks to them so as to memorize it.

ThWatcher

First Post
Janice Cardinal 11/13

Janice walks with the group back to their truck. She doesn't initiate any conversations but will talk freely with anyone who talks to her. Not realizing it, she has begun to accept these people as friends.

Janice eats whenever the group eats and thus has consumed a day's worth of food by the time nightfall arrives.

Graybeard

Explorer
Brian Demere HP: 6/15

Brian walks along with the others towards their broken down truck. With luck, the parts that Michael bought from the price gouging store owner would repair it.

As the group walks along, Brian will introduce himself to them and ask them a few basic questions.

"I'm Brian. I came down from Chicago where I was a med student. I'm originally from Fort Myers, Florida. How do you stand the winters up here? It's too cold for my taste. Where are you all from? What did you used to do for a living?"

ThWatcher

First Post
Janice Cardinal 11/13

Janice thinks for a little bit before responding. "Hi! I'm Janice. I don't like the cold either. I'm from Chicago. I didn't make a living. I just sneak into places to sleep and steal food off plates after people are through eating. Or, sometimes I find food in the trash behind grocery stores." and then, after a long pause, she says with self pride, "Oh, I'm also a monster fighter."

Felix1459

First Post
Michael Taylor 29/58

"Nice to meet you Janice and Brian, I'm Michael. To be honest I can't stand the cold either. I just lateraled over from California and was getting the lay of the land here when these explosions started." as he says this he moves his coat slightly, flashing the badge on his waist. Looking at Janice he says "Don't worry kiddo. I'm not here to bust you. We've all done things we're not proud of..." Michael tries to focus on the task at hand of moving the parts and tries not to let it wander onto all the crimes he has committed. Perhaps by helping these folks he could get karma swinging his way.

strawhat

First Post
Duke talks to the group, trying to learn more of Chicago and his wife.
"Hi, the name's Duke, newly retired from the army. I'm trying to find my wife, Julia Washington." To Janice he asks, "Julia loved to help your kind, the needy, perhaps you've met her?"
The General offers trail mix and energy bars as they travel.

(ooc:if anyone wants to give news of her death, go ahead.)

Last edited:

airwalkrr

Adventurer
Day 1, November 4th, 2020, Approx. 12:50 PM (18:50 GMT)

A few of you make idle chit-chat as you travel, but overall the mood is quite somber. You might have what you need to get the truck working, but what then? You haven't seen any sign of the National Guard or any other disaster relief teams. There are no Red Cross helicopters flying in to help people. There are no radios or televisions running at the places you have been, at least, none working. The most you have seen and heard is static. In fact, that world seems almost quiet now. People are tired, distraught, and dismayed.

You arrive back at the truck about an hour after noon. The sun is high in the sky, but that light has difficulty piercing the haze of ash. Visibility is poor, making travel a bit rough. But you managed to find your way back by following landmarks you passed on the way into town. The wind is fierce and cold. It is chillier than usual, but that probably has a lot to do with the poor quality of sunlight you are receiving. You can only hope that soon the ash will stop and the sun will warm you better.

The highway is still full of cars along the south lane. Many of them are not moving very quickly. A large number of vehicles have been abandoned on the side of the road, possibly out of gas or experiencing mechanical issues. These vehicles are easily distinguished from the others as they have varying layers of ash upon them. As you approach the truck, you immediately realize something is wrong. You cannot see Terrence, Kyle, or anyone else sitting inside. Setting down your parts and rushing to the door, you peek inside. Aziz is gone as well, although the blood stains remain on the bed in the back of the cab. Where have your companions gone? It is a mystery, although a few drops of blood on the ground (hard to see because of the ash that has layered the ground in a fine coating) indicate that Aziz has been moved.

Whatever has happened, you need to get the vehicle running again.

[sblock=OOC]I will need two Craft (electrical) checks from Francisco. He can have the assistance of one unskilled helper since no one else has Craft (electrical). I recommend either Brian or Michael; they both have a +2 Int modifier. Whichever of you posts first can be the helper (make two Int checks). This check will take 12 hours to make.[/sblock]

ethandrew

First Post
Elway Cooper HP: 6/14

Elway peeks into the nearby abandoned cars, hoping to find something, anything of use, something that could be salvaged, be it maps, flashlights. "Maybe we should take some of the batteries out of these cars?" he asks, to no one in particular.

Voda Vosa

First Post
Francisco takes the absence of his former comrades as a bad sign, at least for them, he had the parts, he could make the repairs. If they went missing, he'll not wait for them, not with the radioactive fall on their trial.

Craft (electrical): 30; 32

Remove ads