[D20 Modern]Department 7 (IC)

VanorDM

Explorer
End of Surprise Round

Kara lines up the nearest orc who seems to be out of visual range of the rest and squeezes the trigger. There is a small puff sound then the orc falls over dead from a headshot.

Taking aim on a second orc on the far side of the clearing Kara once more squeezes the trigger and a second orc goes down with a headshot.

The third orc visible from Kara and Nick's location happens to see the second orc go down and quickly scans the area before diving behind a table. You can see the tip of his head scan the area, which seems to mean he doesn't know where the shots came from.

He yells some sort of warning to his companions and they turn to look at him, as he pulls a shotgun out from under the table.

[ooc: That's the surprise round. I gave Kara the benefit of picking the best targets she could see, but the orc in the middle got lucky and noticed something.

2 orc's are down and it doesn't look like they know where the shots came from. Kara has the option of reloading in round 1 and taking another shot in round 2, or taking a different action in round 1.

perrinmiller

Adventurer
OOC: From everyone's current positions, how many orcs are visible for each separate group?

Also the PSG-1 is semi-auto, but I think she needs a round to aim so it's still every other round to fire effectively. I will look it up later before posting her actions

perrinmiller

Adventurer
During her firing Kara whispers in to the comms circuit, "Tango one down, acquiring."

After her next shot, "Tango two down... his buddy noticed, but he's looking around. They are alert but have no targets yet. Wait a moment before letting the truck go."

She looks at how many orcs are visible to her now and takes aim on another target.
[sblock=OOC]Round 1: Move Action: Look at available targets to choose next victim
Attack Action: Acquire target with Scope
Free Action: Speaking
Based on last post it would appear that there are multiple orcs visible. They are aware that they are under attack, but until they actually become aware of specific opponent I think they are still flat-footed to our ranged attacks.
If Nick is going to shoot the orc that sounded the alarm, please say so over the comm circuit so Kara can acquire a different one.[/sblock]

ThWatcher

First Post
Rodny Steinwick 6/6

Rodny hears Kara say to hold on releasing the 4x4, confirming his plan to wait till told to start/release the vehicle.

As an after thought, he asks quietly over the comm. "Do we want the 4x4's lights on or off when I send it on it's way?"

VanorDM

Explorer
[ooc:It's 145ft from you to the target. With a P90 that's a long shot...

There's 2 orc's that Ming can see and one Kara and Nick can see.

You get the flat footed bonus until the orc's first action./ooc]

Felix1459

First Post
As stated in post #447

Nick signals to Kara letting her know he's going to attempt to get closer. He moves forward as much as he can while remaining undetected in cover. He brings his P90 up on target and let's Kara know which one he's aiming at so she can start shooting at the others. He then waits for Kara to start firing. When she does he'll hold until the Orcs discover they're under attack and then he'll open fire.
"Well. Here goes nothing..." Nick says as he fires (albeit at a -3 penalty because of the range) at the last standing orc with the P90. If his first shot misses or the orc doesn't go down then he'll fire again (again with that -3 penalty unless he can take a five foot step forward towards the orc between the suprise round and the 1st round, then it will only be a -2 penalty) at the same orc. [sblock=OOC: ]I wrote it out this way because Nick had a readied action to fire at the last orc, if you don't want to do it that way then you have my rolls and actions for the first two rounds anyway.[/sblock]

VanorDM

Explorer
"Well. Here goes nothing..."

You catch the orc in the chest as he's about to turn around and see what happened to the other or'c, with the fire from your P90 and he drops to the ground.

[sblock=ooc:]You did have a ready action so you get to shoot before the orc can raise an alarm.[/sblock]

Remove ads