[D20 Modern]Department 7 (IC)

Herobizkit

Adventurer
Rory sighed, "S'ok, boyo... just means that I'll have to cancel the strippers."

Rory watched the orcs topple one by one. To Kara's reply regarding the 4x4 lights, Rory added, "We don't need the lights on, we're supposed to be all stealthy!"

ThWatcher

First Post
Rodny Steinwick 6/6

Rodny thinks for a moment about what Rory said. "But, if the 4x4 is going to be a diversion, shouldn't they be able to see it?"

Herobizkit

Adventurer
Rory paused. "Yeah, I s'pose... but if they're inside the clubhouse, they won't see it coming anyway until they're face first on the feckin' grill!"

perrinmiller

Adventurer
Not hearing a reply over the comms of more targets, Kara whispers to Nick, “I will cover you as you sneak closer. Once you have the back side within range short range, I will reposition to cover the North side better.”

She will scan the windows and doors of the cabin for new targets coming into view.

Dept7-Kara-1.jpg

Last edited:

Felix1459

First Post
"Roger Dodger I'm Oscar Mike" Nick whispers back into the come as he moves closer ever so quietly, keeping his eyes peeled for any more Orcs. Nick begins to move in a counter-clockwise direction around the cabin, using all available cover and cocealment until he sees any other targets. At which point he will stop and wait until Kara re-positions herself before engaging. While he waits he take a 20 on his spot check to notice targets albeit at a -7 for the 70 foot distance he's keeping from the cabin. Move silently and hide. (1d20+5=12, 1d20+5=15)

Last edited:

Herobizkit

Adventurer
Rory felt a chill inside his stomach. He was pondering a ridiculous plan as he sat and watched the experts ply their trade. I should be up there with Ming, where the feckin' action is. No one is gonna want me on this team if I don't show 'em I'm not some pussy-arse wanker.

To that end, Rory suddenly sprung to his feet and got in the driver's side of the 4x4. As he started the engine, he said "One feckin' distraction, comin' up!" over the com, then floored the gas pedal.

OOC: I'm guessing that's a double move action, for those keeping score.

ThWatcher

First Post
Rodny Steinwick 6/6

Rodny is standing beside the 4x4, the driver's door open, waiting for the command. The gas peddle is wedged down with something heavy or a stick. The steering wheel is tied to point straight ahead with only a little bit of slack for correcting the direction of the 4x4 as it travels down the drive way.

Not realizing what Rory is doing till Rory actually slides into the driver's seat, Rodny doesn't react in time to stop him from starting the vehicle. And once it's started, Rodny knows it's too late to stop him. The noise of the engine revving as it is started is plenty loud from Rodny's location so Rodny simply says, "Since Rory is initiating the distraction, I'll move up behind the vehicle as it travels and then try to provide some cover fire if he needs it."

When the vehicle does move forward, Rodny will run forward behind it till he's withing about 60' of the cabin. He'll then take cover on the right side of the driveway and be ready to shoot at any Orc that advances on Rory or himself.

Last edited:

VanorDM

Explorer
End of round 1

Nick steps 10 feet to the north east and sees another orc though the trees about 130ft away, as well as the two orcs on Ming's side move into the center of the clearing. They are around 200 feet away.

Rory jumps in the truck and gets it about half the distance to the cabin, with Rodny coming up behind it.

Felix1459

First Post
Nick begins whispering into the comm to Kara "tango one in the trees and two more in the field near Ming to my...what the?!?" he stops as he hears more roar to the engine than there should be and then hears Rodny's radio traffic "I love it when a plan falls apart, engaging tango 1" a la Hannibal (A-Team reference just a Little modified). Nick turns and fires at the Orc in the woods. 1d20+3=18, 2d8=10

Last edited:

Remove ads