D&D 5E Dark Fairytale OOC [Closed]

Azurewraith

Explorer
I've done some thinking, and Two Weapon Fighting is very Bonus Action heavy, and Rune Knights use their Bonus Actions a lot for other things. I could go with a Greatsword, but I just feel like I'm missing an opportunity to make a good Jiu Jitsu/boxing fighter. I've always seen Monks as more Eastern Martial Arts, while this would be more MMA. In heavy armor. Because reasons.

Taking the Prodigy Feat at lvl 1 to get Expertise on Athletics, so he can grapple easily. He'll have a 20 strength from his two ASI's at lvl 6, so his Athletics Checks will be +11. When Large, that'll be with Advantage. If I pick the Ice rune, then I can make that a +12 for a bit every day.

His Unarmed Combat means he does a d8 damage when both hands are empty, a d6 when grappling, and when he does grapple, he does an extra d4 of damage, and does that damage every time he hurts someone while grappled, plus another d6 while large. So that's 2d6+1d4+5 every hit while grappling someone while large. Not too shabby. I'll probably pick up the Martial Adept Feat later, so he can get Restraining Strike from the last UA, which will only help his grappling more. I swear, I'm going to grapple the big bad and hold his face in a toilet.

He'll probably carry a Shield, but may or may not use it. That way he can have his two Runes, one on the armor, and the other on a shield. It'll be nice to be able to don it when attacked by range things or when he needs an extra +2 AC. I just need to decide what two Runes he has. They each get one passive ability and one active one, and I'm torn.

So basically, he's really, really good against one or two enemies.

Question: How much can we use crafting? If my character was a blacksmith and wants to craft his own armor or weapons for the others, how would that work?

I'll get the write up on him and his backstory soon. I'm thinking horrifically tragic. We have enough pretty people, what with everyone being half elven and all.
Ah the horribly tragic hero oh woe is me. There's definitely time to do some crafting between. I think at last count this excursion was about 8days I think.

I'm not sure what we're supposed to do next. There's nothing to see. nothing to react to. We're all just standing outside the gate looking at nothing? What were people shouting about that drew us here? Some crazy gnome shows up babbling and then.... what?

I'm also rather confused that the town doesn't have an armed force (not constabulary) who want to close the gate to keep out whatever might be coming in.

Neurotic

I plan on living forever. Or die trying.
I was kinda expecting we will run directly into a fight maybe a struggle to close the door. This...waiting...is not what I expected when the guard ran to us earlier.

Azurewraith

Explorer
I was waiting to see if you guys wanted to fight inside or out. There is a armed force they are currently mobilising but will take time, they also ain't crazy enough to head out into the Blizzard.

Remove ads