• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

DDI, are you ready to game on the Net?

Are you ready to play DND over the net with DDI?

• Yes

Votes: 88 45.8%
  • No

Votes: 71 37.0%
  • On the fence

Votes: 33 17.2%

• Poll closed .

Pinotage

Explorer
Nope. Not going to touch it. There are more than enough ways to play with friends all over the world that don't involve having to pay for it.

Pinotage

EricNoah

Adventurer
mach1.9pants said:
DnD to me is a social thing, involving face to face contact. I would never even consider using the VTT, I would rather not play.

Same here -- I would drop the hobby if my only gaming outlet was "virtual."

Khairn

First Post
Am I ready to game on the net? Sure.

Is it likely to happen using the DDI? Probably not.

I've been underwhelmed with what I've seen from that part of the DDI so far, and WotC hasn't instilled within me any faith in their ability to create the type of functional, intuitive and stable online gaming tool that would meet my needs.

Aria Silverhands

First Post
EricNoah said:
That's a pretty stupid thing to do when playing online with voice chat is becoming more popular and as broadband access becomes better, you can use video chat software as well.

Xorn

First Post
I voted "No" because you didn't put an option for:

o I've been playing over a VTT already for a year, and it cost my entire gaming group of seven people $90 USD, once, instead of $840 USD, per year.

Nebulous

Legend
EricNoah said:

I feel much the same way, i would rather game face to face. That said, i will still try it out. I know some people i haven't gamed with for many years because of our locations. And who knows, despite its obvious drawbacks, the VT might have some perks over the game table. We'll see. But still anticipate massive server problems.

Xorn said:
I voted "No" because you didn't put an option for:

o I've been playing over a VTT already for a year, and it cost my entire gaming group of seven people $90 USD, once, instead of $840 USD, per year.

I could be wrong of course, or maybe their policy changed, but i seem to remember something about being able to play without having a subscription, maybe a shot deal, or pay-for-play. I dunno.

abyssaldeath

First Post
I too am a little skeptical. E-tools was great in theory, but kind of fell flat. If it works like it is suppose to it would be great for me. I moved away from all my freinds and this would be the best way for me to play with them. I'm not too keen on the subscription though. I guess I will just have to see what that subscription entails though.

Westwind

First Post
I voted on the fence. While there's a lot of appeal in the idea that I could "get the band back together" and game with my old college buddies, I'm wary of the subscription fee for a product I haven't had a chance to demo yet and, frankly, I'm not all that impressed with WotC's on-line efforts to date.

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads