• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Deicide: The slaying of Cyric. 3.5 Epic

ethandrew

First Post
Perhaps a beguiler? Or however it is spelled.

Hmm, I've never played one of those, I'll give it a look-see. I liked the idea of an Ur-Priest, the antihero saving the world, but its continuity with the group would overlap with a Paladin/Cleric and a Dread Necromancer.

crazy_monkey1956

First Post
Just FYI, I'm going with a generalist wizard who just happens to focus on Necromancy, Conjuration, and Enchantment spells (basically anything that allows him to have hordes of minions).

grufflehead

First Post
M&L - If you let Shay in that would make us *snicker* the Magnificent Seven...

ethandrew - if monkey (and/or) you can come up with an arcane caster, then we've got (potentially) 1 full arcane progression, 1 full divine (HM), plus a couple of fighters (me and Gandalf) which seems like a good base. I'm not familiar with Warlock (if Voda is still going with that, but from the name it sounds arcane as well) so skills are about the only thing we haven't got. If you think there are things that only a skill monkey can do (ie it can't be replicated by casting) then maybe somebody should do that. Otherwise, sounds like you've got a pretty free hand to go wild ;)

ethandrew

First Post
I can vouch for Shay, though I doubt any vouching is necessary, reputation preceding...radda radda.

What about a literal skill monkey? I could make an awakened chimp or something in that vein, good at all the rougey stuff. If CM's got arcane covered (it could never be a bad thing to have two arcanists) and we severely lack in the skills arena, I can put something interesting together.

ML - Awakened Chimp? Yay/Nay?

ethandrew

First Post
I hate to burst your "CM does everything first and better" bubble, but I played one in DeuceTraveler's shortlived Ptolus campaign a few years back. So neener neener.

The concept was similar to the Simpson's Krusty the Clown's chimp, little fez hat, cigars, just with a conscience.

crazy_monkey1956

First Post
I don't watch the Simpsons (animated puke splattered against the inside of the tv screen...sorry, did I say that out loud?)

Pardon if you've seen this joke before over on the Asylum...

It shall be a monkey. And it shall be a monk. And he and his minions shall be known as...

Monkey Monk and the Banana Bunch! :D

Voda Vosa

First Post
The Simpsons are the best animated cartoon ever! You're bananas Monkey! Which if you come to think about it ain't so crazy at all. ;)

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads