• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Devil's Brigade - WWII - IC

Starman

Adventurer
Harris peeks up over the grass. Huh. That wasn't too bad. He stands up and jogs over to SGT Munroe. "What now, Sergeant? Do we just leave these guys here to play dead while we move on?"

Widowmaker

First Post
The guard chimes in "We have instructions to do exactly as told to help simulate a real mission, since bodies can be moved or destroyed. We will do as told, but we have orders not to talk to anyone, other than about what I have told you. If we are found by another patrol we are to remain silent."

JDL

First Post
Kerensky pushes himself to his feet and tucks away his pistol. That went well. They handled the minor setbacks calmly. How they work against zombies, of course, remains to be seen. Still, as good as soldiers as I'll find. With a grim smile, he shakes his head. Far better than me, at any rate.

He jogs over to Munroe and nods. "Sergeant," he says, brushing the snow off his jacket, "If I may. I recommend we hide the bodies, and set up demolitions around our target and the radio tower."

Shielding his eyes from the sun, he scans the horizon warily. "Of course, further recon of the remaining area might also be required. You never know..."

Last edited:

Dracomeander

First Post
"Uh, Lieutenant. This was just the outer patrol. Hiding the bodies is definitely a good idea, but a couple of us should keep watch for the other patrols. I'm sure the noise we caused here will be drawing them here and have alerted the MG nests.
"Anybody have any ideas how we're going to cross the open ground to get close enough to take out those nests?"

With that, Hoffman moves off to find a spot to watch for the approach of the other patrols while waiting for the group to gather themselves and decide where to move next.

Lukeworm

First Post
‎"OK men we handled this well." Harrison say's "Don't get too cocky however this were just ‎three guards and there are plenty more. I'll bet they show up real fast now that they know we're ‎here."‎

‎"So Serg. do we lay an ambush here or try to sneak closer to the objective. Come to think of ‎it we can do both, leave some men here to set the ambush while the rest use the distraction to ‎sneak in and plant the explosives."‎

Starman

Adventurer
Harris nods. "Not a bad idea, Harrison. If we're going to do it, though, we best be quick. The rest of 'em," he nods toward the guards, "aren't going to be long in coming."

Widowmaker

First Post
Jakobsen cannot see anything. Between the height of the grass, distance, and it being night there is no way to see the MG nests with the Bino's.

Ilium

First Post
Neumiller slogs out of the river and spends a few moments wringing the excess water out of his pants legs. He then jogs over and joins the others.

When a trap is suggested he offers, "I could rig up a couple of grenades under the snow if we can draw them into a good spot."

OOC: Sorry for the slow posting. I'm under a big crunch at work and home. I'll make an effort to post daily, though.

Remove ads