D&D General Digital Maps for Roll20

DiceGrimorium

Adventurer
Greetings!

This week I have for you all a new river crossing battle map. No bridges this time though, so if your players want to cross, they'll have to risk falling off the logs.

I placed an elevated area on the main section of the map that has good line of sight to both logs. Whoever gets up here gets the upper hand on battle! And as a bonus I also placed a tree up there so you can try to hide an archer and take pot shots at the group when they're trying to cross the river.

There's a couple of places where there are some trees very close together so you can set up an ambush there as well. Unless you want to make some monster jump out of the river, that works wonders for scaring the party.

River Crossing 22x30

RiverCrossing3Public.jpg

DiceGrimorium

Adventurer
Greetings!

I've drawn plenty of rivers the last few months, but none of them were frozen. Let's right that wrong.

This wintery battle map has a very icy main feature. The lack of bridges or any other means to cross the river might prompt someone in the party to suggest to cross it by foot. "It's frozen anyway, what could go wrong." I can hear them saying on their blissful ignorance.

Well, little Timmy the Bard, let me tell you that a lot can go wrong with ice in an RPG session. From the basic slippery moments in combat, to falling through it, to hidden evil hungry ice snake trying to eat you whole while it rises up from below while the rest of the party just stands and watches. Up to the DMs discretion as always, of course.

It's worth mentioning as well that the map is divided into two areas to provide some nice asymmetry. A lush area with plenty of trees to hide, and another with mostly just snow.

Frozen River 24x34

FrozenRiverPublic.jpg

DiceGrimorium

Adventurer
Let me start April with a fairly basic, but pretty useful concept. This week is all about choosing which side of the road to take on a "Y" type bifurcation. In the forest.

A pretty common situation on any adventure, especially the more open world types, is letting the players decide where they want to go while traveling the wilderness. And while a simple question from the DM towards the party would suffice to take them towards the next location, I find that sometimes you just need that little extra oomph.

Picture this: the party comes to a split on the road, chasing some shady individuals. Unsure on the which direction to take, the ranger rolls to find the tracks that'll lead them to their targets. While they're closely following the leads they get jumped by some bandits that were hiding in the woods. Battle ensues, and just like that there's more spice to what would have been just a simple decision. And that's a rather straightforward example, I'm sure you can come up with some other crazy good ideas!

Forest Path Bifurcation 24x30

ForestPathBifurcationPublic.jpg

DiceGrimorium

Adventurer
There's a new Winter map coming your way! Deep inside the snowy forest your party find themselves in an area that prominently features a small tableland. Here they'll have to try and keep the advantage above their enemies by maintaining control of the aforementioned land formation.

Before they can do that, though, they'll have to first defeat the enemies that have already managed to climb up to the top. A risky endeavor to be sure, but one that's sure to pay off in the heat of battle.

As you can see, I designed this map to be something akin to a "King of the Hill" battle type (or King of the Tableland if you so prefer). The high ground (it's over, Anakin!) is big enough for all party members, and the surrounding forest area isn't very dense, giving a clear advantage to whoever controls it.

Snowy Forest Tableland 22x30

SnowyPlateauPublic.jpg

DiceGrimorium

Adventurer
After following the river, escaping from the bandits that proved to be too much for them this time, the party arrives to a place where they find themselves surrounded by rocky cliffs on both their flanks. The chase was hard and tiring, but now they have time on their side.

The group decides to spring a trap for the chasing bandits, for they'll surely track them here. Armed with the advantage that the terrain provides, the party waits for the right moment to surprise their pursuers and turn an unfortunate situation in something more favorable.

They better be careful though, for someone else might be waiting for the on the trees found on the top.

Riverside Forest Cliffs 24x32

RiversideForestCliffsPublic.jpg

DiceGrimorium

Adventurer
It's been quite a while since I've drawn a Swamp and I was in the mood to make something with a darker tone and thus I present to you my latest battle map.

The idea with this map is to treat the water as difficult terrain to some variety to the encounter. I added a couple of logs that your players can use as well. This way they'll have an alternate mean of getting around the swampy waters. But remember that while that would certainly be faster, if they fall it could make matters worse in combat for whoever is unfortunate enough to fail their check.

Use this for some random encounters while the party is traveling to slay the local man-eating witches!

Swamp 22x30

SwampPublic.jpg

BenTheFerg

Explorer
It's been quite a while since I've drawn a Swamp and I was in the mood to make something with a darker tone and thus I present to you my latest battle map.

The idea with this map is to treat the water as difficult terrain to some variety to the encounter. I added a couple of logs that your players can use as well. This way they'll have an alternate mean of getting around the swampy waters. But remember that while that would certainly be faster, if they fall it could make matters worse in combat for whoever is unfortunate enough to fail their check.

Use this for some random encounters while the party is traveling to slay the local man-eating witches!

Swamp 22x30

View attachment 121442
Thanks for all of these - they are brilliant and given the current state we are in - Roll20 is now in weekly use by my gang- these maps will really improve our experience as gamers.

Do you have a patreon account? If so, please share/ reshare!

Thanks again

Ben

DiceGrimorium

Adventurer
Thanks for all of these - they are brilliant and given the current state we are in - Roll20 is now in weekly use by my gang- these maps will really improve our experience as gamers.

Do you have a patreon account? If so, please share/ reshare!

Thanks again

Ben
Plus - do you fancy doing any weird Underdark ones at some point?

Thank you very much! I do have a Patreon, you can find it here.

Underdark/cave maps are planned as well!

DiceGrimorium

Adventurer
This one is something a little different and it centers around hiding behind and climbing on top of rocks. Pretty big rocks.

Your players and the monsters they encounter will have to take advantage of the verticality offered by the boulders located all over the map to stay on top of the battle. Be sure to keep track of line of sight as well, for there are many places to hide.

The boulders piled up on the top right corner of the map look like a good place to hide some monsters for example. Phase spiders, anyone?

Rocky Grasslands 24x34

RockyGrasslandsPublic.jpg

Remove ads