• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Diplomatic Immunity: Funeral Procession

Rystil Arden

First Post
(OOC: :p)

*Vasha encounters people, but they're just servants And for some reason, they often glance at her and head the other way. When she and Elmurien split up and regroup, Elmurien has managed to hear a few rumours (by Hiding and Moving Silently)--

The staff is talking about how Lord Ammon has been murdered. Many of them are whispering about how it was the Valsians that did it, or maybe a Valsian disguised as a Nymph. Some of them heard it was a dark creature that stalks the halls during the night and can transform into a wolf beast. Others, that he committed suicide. Still others, that he was killed by a jilted lover, alternately his or Lynestra's, seeking revenge on their wedding night. Finally, there is a rumour that Ammon might have created a golem that asked him to make it a wife, but Ammon destroyed the bride of the golem, so the golem vowed to get revenge by killing Ammon or his bride on their wedding night, Ammon's choice of victim, and another rumour that a Lacerta ninja pirate crew killed Ammon to get the last piece of a map that he found during his travels, a map to a hidden treasure that contains the secret of immortality.*

Bront

The man with the probe
Vasha will eventualy return and share what she has learned, though with incredable scepticism on just about every story.

Erekose13

Explorer
"No I did not remain to question him at length. He was oddly not upset by Ammon's death , more dissapointed at the lost connections. No suspects. He is still someone we will need to speak to, I am just not certain he should be the first. But given that he knows Ammon better than any of us, perhaps he has insights." replies Mythweaver. He is uncertain which way to turn but then nods. "No, wait, he'd be easy to discount as a suspect, let's get that out of the way now."

unleashed

First Post
Tiberius Lucius Magnus, Male Praetor Warmage

*Curious as to how Atreus can be discounted as a suspect so easily, Tiberius follows Mythweaver.*

Rystil Arden

First Post
*The three of them head over towards Atreus's study, but some guards stop them until Mythweaver explains that he's here because Atreus asked him to do an investigation. Reaching the study, he knocks on the door.*

"Yes? Who is it? I'm very busy and recently bereaved. Whoever it is, come back later," Atreus replies curtly through the door.

Last edited:

unleashed

First Post
Tiberius Lucius Magnus, Male Praetor Warmage

*Noticing the guards as they approach Atreus’ study, Tiberius waits to see what Mythweaver does, guessing he may actually want to talk with the guards to establish Atreus’ alibi, rather than the man himself.*

OOC: What happened to Claudia?

Erekose13

Explorer
Mythweaver bypasses the guards for now. He'd rather confirm things with them later, organizing things in his mind by seniority and likely suspects.

Moving into the room with Atreus, Mythweaver says, "Sir, I'd like to update you on our progress so far and follow up on a few questions."

Rystil Arden

First Post
"I don't need a progress report right now, especially since that sets the precedent that you're going to keep bothering me with more. I'm working on fixing this mess. Come to me when you're done," Atreus doesn't open or unlock the door, so Mythweaver cannot enter.

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads