Discussion - General Discussion Thread XI

Status
Not open for further replies.

B4cchus

Explorer
Folks. I'll be gone till next weekend.I hope to pick up those lagging approvals from that point onward... these be busy times!

Rystil Arden

First Post
Bront said:
Unfortunately, my particular idea revolves around stuff that's in LEW specificly.

After reading the Mega adventure thing, an adventure for noobs would be fine?
An adventure for noobs would not cause the Mega Adventure to not run, true--it might hurt the ability of GMs who would like to run tie-in adventures for noobs (like Solange and Boddynock), as I don't know how many noobs we have exactly. If you send me your adventure idea, I bet I can find a way to make it a tie-in too ;)

Rystil Arden

First Post
Bront said:
How do GM Credits and Cohort advancement work? Is it as if credits were spent on the Cohort? figured seperately?
I don't think we gave the Cohorts a way to advance via GM credits. I think they would not gain anything for the Credit expenditure, but it'll be okay, since they will usually catch up to the PC and be sitting at (PC level - 1) -1 XP.

Rystil Arden

First Post
covaithe said:
Sounds like it's time to get the lead out and submit one or two of the characters that I've been idly thinking about for a while. :)
Sounds like a plan--if we have lots of level 1-2 PCs, then all the tie-in GMs will be able to run with it. Ironically, Tommy (and anyone Academy-related) would fit pretty well into this.

Wik

First Post
Hey Bront. Notes on the Aether is probably going to be ending soon, unless our final fight winds up as a huge one. I know you had an adventure you wanted to run - would it work for a party of five roughly 2nd- and 3rd- levell PCs?

(Yeah, a party - I think we're trying to form an honest-to-god adventuring party!)

If it would help convince you, we could always show some more leg. ;)

Rystil Arden

First Post
Wik said:
Hey Bront. Notes on the Aether is probably going to be ending soon, unless our final fight winds up as a huge one. I know you had an adventure you wanted to run - would it work for a party of five roughly 2nd- and 3rd- levell PCs?

(Yeah, a party - I think we're trying to form an honest-to-god adventuring party!)

If it would help convince you, we could always show some more leg. ;)
And of course, the Mega Adventure sub-modules work much better if there is an established relationship between the PCs that go together (think of it like the Fellowship of the Ring at the Council at Rivendell, except with several Fellowships being formed). So it's a win/win either way (since more players makes it easier for everyone to get into good games (whether the M-A or Bront's adventure) and all GMs to get games started)! :)

The great news for you (as I see you are worried about timing for the M-A) is that while the M-A prologue starts almost immediately, we'll have some time before the actual adventure because there will be a lot of fun RPing. This has the advantage of letting other adventures wrap up (I'm thinking also of Long Live the Queen, which was ostensibly created as a micro-adventure that would still let the PCs be back for the Mega-Adventure).

Wik

First Post
Sounds good to me. I'm really just concerned that our group won't be able to stick together in the rush for a new adventure - and except for a woodsy type, our group is remarkably well balanced.

Rystil Arden

First Post
Wik said:
Sounds good to me. I'm really just concerned that our group won't be able to stick together in the rush for a new adventure - and except for a woodsy type, our group is remarkably well balanced.
The Mega Adventure specifically calls for people to form several 'Fellowships', so it will work there. And woodsiness isn't a big issue for all but Rae's section, though for some of the sections, traveling is a consider.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Remove ads