• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Discussion - General Discussion Thread XI

Status
Not open for further replies.

Knight Otu

First Post
Bront said:
I had thought you did, or someone else said something to that effect. If not, I'm sorry.
I guess you might have misremembered what RA said - that I've always been against changes to the Core with a few exceptions. That sentence came pretty much out of the left field for me, so I was curious where it came from (apart from the left field :p).

Rystil Arden

First Post
orsal said:
Does the Academy of the Chromatic Order take older students, e.g. an adventurer with a few levels in another class who only multiclasses as wizard mid-career? I vaguely recall something about wanting them when they are still impressionable (although not too old), but I can't find anything to that effect, and I may be confusing that imagined policy with the real one of not taking students who have already cultivated some arcane talent.
As long as they don't have a level of Wizard and aren't ridiculously old, it's fine (in fact, the usual age of admission stretches from about 16 at the very lowest to 24 at the highest).

Oh, I forgot levels in Sorcerer! Not like a Sorcerer would want to become a Wizard anyway, but the Academy considers Sorcerers to be dangerous, mentally ill, somewhat retarded, and broken. If they had their way, all Sorcerers beyond a certain power level (generally level 6, when they can start roasting innocent villagers with Fireballs) would have extensive testing to make sure the Sorcerer was not a menace to innocent people. If the Sorcerer was indeed a menace, it would be eliminated. Otherwise, the Sorcerer would be treated more gently and simply sterilised to prevent future offspring that were menaces, since sorcerous blood tends to run in the family. Not all the Academy thinks that way, mind, but it's the sentiment of many.

Bront

The man with the probe
Logisfate and RA:

Mearan needs XP from teacher. He was with Laynie from the beginning of Sept '05 till the end of January. I can't find any record of any XP awarded to Mearan, but he should have at least gotten some time XP, and maybe some RP. Was there any?

Rystil Arden

First Post
Bront said:
Logisfate and RA:

Mearan needs XP from teacher. He was with Laynie from the beginning of Sept '05 till the end of January. I can't find any record of any XP awarded to Mearan, but he should have at least gotten some time XP, and maybe some RP. Was there any?
I didn't award it because Mearran vanished. There should be time XP (so 50 * no of months) + 100 XP for RP.

Bront

The man with the probe
So, 300 XP (4 months, +100 for RP).

Cool.

Make sure you note that LF.

In general, in case someone returns, you should award earned XP, and you should be putting them in the tracking thread (as should every GM). I think I need to do that still for my LEB adventure though, so I'm just as guilting of forgetting as anyone.

jaker2003

Explorer
I don't know if this is the right place to ask, or if the question was already addressed, but . . .
Why can't I view my Subscriptions page anymore?
When I take the link in the 'My Account' menu, I get a white screen with the following text:
"Warning: require_once(DIR/includes/functions_user.php) [function.require-once]: failed to open stream: No such file or directory in /subscription.php on line 58

Fatal error: require_once() [function.require]: Failed opening required 'DIR/includes/functions_user.php' (include_path='.:/usr/local/lib/php') in /http/subscription.php on line 58"

Was there a server problem I missed, or did I upset an IT guy?

orsal

LEW Judge
jaker2003 said:
I don't know if this is the right place to ask, or if the question was already addressed, but . . .
Why can't I view my Subscriptions page anymore?
When I take the link in the 'My Account' menu, I get a white screen with the following text:
"Warning: require_once(DIR/includes/functions_user.php) [function.require-once]: failed to open stream: No such file or directory in /subscription.php on line 58

Fatal error: require_once() [function.require]: Failed opening required 'DIR/includes/functions_user.php' (include_path='.:/usr/local/lib/php') in /http/subscription.php on line 58"

Was there a server problem I missed, or did I upset an IT guy?

Hmmm... probably the same bug that's making it impossible to subscribe to new threads. If you look at the Meta forum, which is the appropriate place for a question like this, you'll see a number of (no doubt redundant) threads which, judging by title, all seem to be about this problem. Read them and you'll probably learn everything on the subject that the Powers That Be of ENWorld can tell you at this point.

Wik

First Post
Quick question:

Tomas Quinn has a few more encounters, before it goes into an area that, well... I didn't expect. What had started off as foreshadowing my next adventure has turned into... well, a tie-in to my next adventure. I think W2 is gonna just blur into W3, with the same group.

My question is this: should I submit a new adventure proposal, or can I just keep the game running?

Bront

The man with the probe
Keep it running. You've done a good job so far with the W1 and W2, so I don't see that as a problem.

Might be safe to send your judge the stuff you're putting in for W3 though.

stonegod

Spawn of Khyber/LEB Judge
orsal said:
Hmmm... probably the same bug that's making it impossible to subscribe to new threads.
You can add new threads still, though you have to go about it in an odd way:

When you add/edit a post, there is the option to subscribe to a thread at the bottom of the "Additional Options" section below the post. Then, if you got to http://www.enworld.org/usercp.php? to check, all your threads with new posts will be listed there.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads