• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Discussion - General Discussion Thread XI

Status
Not open for further replies.

Manzanita

First Post
That sounds good to me, BigB. We've long ago decided evil PCs were OK, so an assassin should be fine. And the way you suggest handling it seems perfect.

Wik

First Post
BigB said:
I am considering having Cepheus take levels as an assassin, but before doing this I want to get some feedback from others as I dont want it to be a problem for others.

What I am thinking story wise is that Cepheus gets recruited as an assassin, which would offer him magic spells, an ability he has sought most of his life and has recently been able to use magic devices successfully (at least once anyway). He would be a sleeper agent, keeping his alignment and new class secret acting as though he was the same old Nuetral Character. I would probably add some DM credit use (outside of Orussus) from time to time to keep up his evil alignment while not creating any problems for characters he adventures with or npc's he does business with. He would purchase a magic item to hide his alignment, maybe even make it appear "N" to those attempting to detect it.

I would like some feedback as to whether this is a viable idea or not.

Thanks

Also can I get a judge to Look at Rich Beyond Dreams for DM credits as El Jefe was judging?

Thanks again :)

You know, since he's already in an adventure against blacklilies, I think there's a way we can work in an in-game invitation for Ceph to become an assassin. I'm sure there has to be a blacklily that deals in that sort of thing who'd be willing to show Ceph the ropes. We could even give Ceph a Blacklily Scarf of his own....

BigB

First Post
Manzanita said:
That sounds good to me, BigB. We've long ago decided evil PCs were OK, so an assassin should be fine. And the way you suggest handling it seems perfect.

Thanks. I was also thinking I would refrain from using poison or the death attack in character as that would be a clear giveaway.

Wik said:
You know, since he's already in an adventure against blacklilies, I think there's a way we can work in an in-game invitation for Ceph to become an assassin. I'm sure there has to be a blacklily that deals in that sort of thing who'd be willing to show Ceph the ropes. We could even give Ceph a Blacklily Scarf of his own....

Sounds good although he will be taking another level as a rogue (hopefully soon ;) ) and should be able to get his prerequisites set and then at next (5th) take a level as an assassin. Shouldn't be a problem to get recruited first. He would like this to be a secret and would want the other characters to not know (in character).

Velmont

First Post
BigB said:
Sounds good although he will be taking another level as a rogue (hopefully soon ;) ) and should be able to get his prerequisites set and then at next (5th) take a level as an assassin. Shouldn't be a problem to get recruited first. He would like this to be a secret and would want the other characters to not know (in character).

So you want to take a level of Assassin for yout 5th level. te reuqirement ask 8 ranks of Move Silently and Hide, which can be only reach at level 5th, so you first level of assassin will need to wait at 6th level.

ethandrul

First Post
Hey bigb- i was actually planning on going assassin with Hasin too- perhaps you could take him under your wing?

BigB

First Post
Velmont said:
So you want to take a level of Assassin for yout 5th level. te reuqirement ask 8 ranks of Move Silently and Hide, which can be only reach at level 5th, so you first level of assassin will need to wait at 6th level.

Actually, that works out well for the character. I was not sure if he had to have 8 ranks before, or if he could reach the 8th with his 1st lvl of assassin.

BigB

First Post
ethandrul said:
Hey bigb- i was actually planning on going assassin with Hasin too- perhaps you could take him under your wing?

I am sure we could work out some storyline there. Of course Cepheus would have to keep his identity secret and would want to set a location outside of Orussus.

orsal

LEW Judge
HP for animal companions

How do we calculate animal companion hit points? I've been thinking average for hit dice, because animal companions are just normal animals except when stated otherwise, and there's nothing explicitly stating otherwise. The stats in the monster manual always use average. One player is making a case for 3/4 rule, by analogy to cohorts. Could we get an official LEW ruling?

Boddynock

First Post
Since there is no restriction on replacing an animal companion (it's just a 24 hour process to call a new companion), unlike a familiar, I would suggest that average hit points is appropriate. Otherwise you bump up the power level unneccessarily.

ethandrul

First Post
BigB said:
I am sure we could work out some storyline there. Of course Cepheus would have to keep his identity secret and would want to set a location outside of Orussus.

Well, we have a long ride ahead of us- and his lack of ethics is readily notable...I think perhaps it may be a good time for this discussion to begin. If you haven't read my characters background- feel free to. I'm a LONG way from my assassin levels- though I assure you- I CAN be more discreet then I let on.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads