Disney Buys DC: Who Joins The MCU?

Reynard

Legend
ETA: It's okay to say what you think Disney would do, but I am more asking what you would do or would want to see.

Just as a dumb exercise: let's say Disney purchases DC Comics from WB and decides to integrate one character or team into the MCU. Who? How? Cast? Note: support cast and rogues gallery get to come too.

Difficulty: no JLA, Titans or other team that is essentially just a bunch of solo heroes tied together. If it is a team, it has to be one of the shared origin themed teams.

Last edited:

Whizbang Dustyboots

Gnometown Hero
If they were held to just one character, it would 100% be Batman.

From a storytelling standpoint, Superman would be a better foundational building block. But Batman would be the smart money.

DC doesn't really have any non-team-up teams that are all that compelling. No one's going to want to bring over the Metal Men or even the Green Lantern Corps ahead of Batman.

Reynard

Legend
If they were held to just one character, it would 100% be Batman.

From a storytelling standpoint, Superman would be a better foundational building block. But Batman would be the smart money.

DC doesn't really have any non-team-up teams that are all that compelling. No one's going to want to bring over the Metal Men or even the Green Lantern Corps ahead of Batman.
I clarified the OP: I am more interested in what you would do or like to see, if it were up to you.

RoughCoronet0

Dragon Lover
Probably a bit out there, but I would love to see Beast Boy in the MCU. He could be someone to help introduce the concept of Mutants into the MCU, leading the way to the X-Men joining the fray. Or I could see him becoming friends with someone like Spiderman, both being young and typically expected to be upbeat and optimistic heroes that also inwardly deal with quite a bit of trauma and pressure in regards to their reputations and the losses they have suffered or the mistakes they made (Some of the more recent stories with beast boy in the comics and Young Justice come to mind). I just think they would be good friends that could help each other out.

Plus as far as the main Marvel roster, I don't think there are any well known shape changers outside of Mystique from X-Men, who as far as I know can only shape change into humans. I'm not too brushed up on Marvel lore though so I could be wrong. I might also want to see a Dinosaur fight in a Marvel movie.

Whizbang Dustyboots

Gnometown Hero
I clarified the OP: I am more interested in what you would do or like to see, if it were up to you.
Ah, in that case, not Batman. Marvel has so many urban heroes running around NYC, it makes Gotham look like a ghost town.

I would probably go back to Superman, so Marvel could stop dicking around with Sentry, whom they've never been able to make happen.

Although the easiest way to do it would be to introduce DC's Earth in the Marvel multiverse, I feel like everyone's exhausted with the multiverse -- and by the time the MCU gets through Avengers: Secret Wars, everyone definitely will be. It would be really interesting -- and very true to DC -- to do a DCU-style reboot of the Marvel Universe and, a few decades after Steve Rogers goes into the ice, a rocket crash-lands in a field in Kansas.

Lex Luthor would make a great foil for Spider-Man and the Fantastic Four (science villain versus science heroes), the Daily Planet could be the New York Times to the Daily Bugle's NYC tabloids, etc.

Superman's rogues gallery is pretty thin, but Marvel has a ton of scientific villains and threats that are a great fit for Superman. Galactus is an almost perfect Superman villain -- space-based, such a big deal that few heroes could credibly take him on, but too big to just punch and solve problems that way.

And wouldn't it be fun if the Phantom Zone and the Negative Zone were the same thing, and the Kryptonians were just sticking their criminals into a dimension that was already full of problematic stuff, just waiting to come out?

Cadence

Legend
Supporter
Your restriction makes me sad. I was going to say keep the universes separate except for doing JLA/Avengers straight up as close to Busiek/Perez as possible.

Does the LSH pseudo school of magic vibe count as shared origin?

Would Constantine be too dark?

Last edited:

bmfrosty

Explorer
This could just be an alternate reality where Warner didn't merge with Discovery, but with Disney instead.

I'd think that Disney keeps them separate, but makes their mark by refocusing DC around what's popular and keeping things sex-free.

Reynard

Legend
For my own part:

Normally I would say Superman (my favorite superhero ever) but the MCU nailed Cap so damn well I don't think Clark could do anything significantly differently character wise, and Thor has the power level in hand, so I am not sure Supes can really do anything interesting in the MCU.

I actually think the right call is Wonder Woman. The MCU doesn't really have a female character of that physical power level, and I think she would interact really interestingly with Wakanda, Atlantis and Thor. It would be really cool to see. I don't mind Gal Gadot as WW, but I would be inclined to find a fresh face -- and definitely a lady with my physical presence (ie muscle) than Gadot.

Remove ads