D&D 5E Do you like or dislike Song & Steeal Dragons being demoted to Folklore?

Do you like or dislike Song & Steeal Dragons being demoted to Folklore?

• I hate or Dislike the removal of Steel and Song Dragons as type of Dragon

Votes: 18 22.8%
  • I like or love the removal of Steel and Song Dragons as a type of Dragon

Votes: 9 11.4%
  • Neutral as a Gem Dragon

Votes: 52 65.8%

My guess from what I've been seeing is the Song and Steel Dragon side bar might the closest to universally disliked as something gets in 5e, but I'm curious how much of a consensus their erasure is disliked or hated really is.

HammerMan

Legend
Only in the "we could use more cool stuff" way, I mean we just got (i don't even have it yet) a big book of dragons so it isn't like we didin't just get new toys

RoughCoronet0

Dragon Lover
On the one hand it is saddening to see them spoken of as just folklore and fable then actual dragon types like in previous editions.

On the other hand, I’m already creating/porting a couple dozen other dragons for my campaign world, so one or two more I have to homebrew isn’t really an issue.

pukunui

Legend
I'm more disappointed that we didn't get 4e's catastrophic dragons because I had a campaign idea for them, but even then I'm not that put out about it.

I just don't get how anything can be 'just folk lore' in the kitchen sink of D&D.
I wish there was more stuff that was "just folklore" in D&D. Having everything officially statted up really takes a lot of the mystery and wonder out of the game (for me at least).

Remove ads