• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Dragonlance Do you plan to buy Dragonlance?

Do you plan to buy Dragonlance

• Yes

Votes: 73 41.0%
  • No

Votes: 70 39.3%
  • Undecided

Votes: 29 16.3%
  • Other

Votes: 6 3.4%

Quartz

Hero
I'm going to be very interested in leaks about this product. I enjoyed the original Dragonlance but I absolutely hated all the changes they made. Indeed, my preferred time period for adventuring in Krynn would be between the founding of the Solamnic Knights and the first War of the Lance.

Undecided currently. Much like Morrus, Chronicles was what got me playing D&D. I have never had the opportunity to play in the setting, though I have been building out a campaign over the last six months in the immediate post-war period.

Though I loved the SAGA rules as I felt that they really allowed one to mimic the characters in the fiction, my standard for Dragonlance has always been the world as it was presented in Chronicles, with a wide-open setting after Spring Dawning. I’ve read a few of the other novels, and just didn’t care for the changes to the world. I greatly enjoyed the most recent novel by W&H, but purchasing the new adventure will depend on how much is retconned. I don’t have a problem with the initial world as it is present at the time of the War of the Lance, in part because it gives reason for conflict and drama, and also because the situation improves (xenophobia drops, the KoS realize that women can be warriors as well, there’s hope for peace). I like the idea of coming out of a dark age into a new golden age. If too much is changed, so that I will have to do a great deal of modifications to the adventure, then I will pass.

Despite my current status, though, I am beyond thrilled that Dragonlance is getting brought back. I have honestly always thought that it needed to be TSR’s/WotC’s D&D flagship world. YMMV, of course.

MNblockhead

A Title Much Cooler Than Anything on the Old Site
I am going to buy the deluxe bundle. When my life gets to where I can run games in person again, this is the game I want to run. Hopefully the rules that let you go from the RPG to the boardgame play are well done. It sounds fun, but I'm buying the bundle rules unseen.

dave2008

Legend
I am going to buy the deluxe bundle. When my life gets to where I can run games in person again, this is the game I want to run. Hopefully the rules that let you go from the RPG to the boardgame play are well done. It sounds fun, but I'm buying the bundle rules unseen.
I preordered the bundle and am really interested in the board game/rpg intergration too.

UngainlyTitan

Legend
Supporter
Undecided, the early Dragonlance were among the few D&D novels I read and enjoyed back in the day. I recently re-read the War of the Lance trilogy and it was not terrible but still did not age well. I never played or ran campaigns in the setting. I always felt it was a place where stuff happened that one read about than a playable setting. Like I feel about Middle Earth.
I did play the old War of the Lance wargame and enjoyed that so if the boardgame is good I will pick it up and may buy the setting books with it.

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads