Domain Spells

Zerovoid

First Post
Can you use metamagic feats on your domain spells, or choose to memorize a lower level domain spell in a higher level spot. The rules seem to suggest you can only use a domain slot for a domain spell of that level, but I might be reading too much into them.

Crothian

First Post
Domain spells work like regular spells except you are limited to how you memorize them. So, yes you can use a higher level slot on a lower level spell, or meta magic one.

StealthyMark

First Post
You may apply metamagic to your domain spells, it'd use a higher [/i]domain[/i] spell slot. Remember, your domain spells can only be prepared in your domain slots (one slot per spell level) and vice versa! For example, a 7th level cleric with the Travel domain may prepare an Extended Fly as his 4th level domain spell, but cannot prepare an additional Dimension Door as 4th level spell.

Dr_Rictus

First Post
Zerovoid said:
The rules seem to suggest you can only use a domain slot for a domain spell of that level, but I might be reading too much into them.

Taken literally, the rules do say just that. Suspecting this was not what was meant, I asked the Sage some months ago, just to make sure. I didn't really have any doubt, but I figured I was doing a public service, so I'm glad someone else actually noticed this. :)

I forget the issue (otherwise I'd cite it) but he confirmed that that was not what was intended.

Remove ads