Dr. Si's Curse of the Crimson Throne - Escape From Old Korvosa

Dr Simon

Explorer
Mhairi grabs the pig, which gives off a shrill squeal of protest. There is one Shinglesnipe between her and the pit behind her. He tries to push her over as she lunges for the pig, but she ducks beneath him.

[sblock=OOC]
Yes, that's enough to grab the pig.
AoO from #8 misses.

Next up:
Edmond
Manachan
[/sblock]
 

log in or register to remove this ad


Kaodi

Hero
"Someone tell Devargo to pull back to this end," says Ignatius in Celestial. "I trust Mhairi can handle herself, and even if she does not score her pig if the rest of us regroup here the next one is ours for sure."
 

Neurotic

I plan on living forever. Or die trying.
OOC: It seems I lost my post, I thought I posted after Mowgli :(

Edmond charges back toward Mhairri and clears the way for her to drop the pig as he smites the unsuspecting thug from the side.

[sblock=Actions]
Move: C3
Trip vs #8; Power attack OA vs #8; damage (1d20+13=28, 1d20+11+2-2=23, 1d3+4+4+2=11)
Swift: between Trip and OA: activate 1 charge brute gauntlets getting +2 to hit and damage

Hit for 11 non-lethal, Edmond is at -2 to defenses this round

If/when #8 tries to stand up:
Power attack OA vs #8; damage (1d20+11-2+4+2=22, 1d3+4+4+2=11) - this with prone bonus to hit (which I forgot above)
[/sblock]

OOC: Mhairri/ [MENTION=93196]Axel[/MENTION] gets OA vs prone #8
 
Last edited:

Dr Simon

Explorer
OOC: Gah! Nearly out of the woods as far as the busy period goes - with any luck I'll be able to address this next week, and then fewer long gaps in between replies, at last!
 

Dr Simon

Explorer
Manachan continues to chase down his man, this time his attacks are blocked but he has the Shinglesnipe backed up against the wolverine pit. Devargo moves down the field towards the pig pen, leaving Mhairi and Edmond at the other end against two Shinglesnipes.

Edmond knocks his man to the floor and delivers a brutal kick. Meanwhile the second Shinglesnipe at that end take a moment to scoop some pig droppings from the floor, which he then procedes to hurl at Mhairi's face, momentarily blinding her.

[sblock=OOC]
Blood Pig 16.jpg

Edmond - trip attack and AoO successful. #8 is now prone, but not out of the fight.
Manachan - attacks #3 - miss

#3 - attacks Manachan - miss
#9 - Dirty Trick (literally!) vs. Mhairi, succeeds. Mhairi is blinded for 2 rounds, but she can spend a move action to end the blindness.
Everyone else - move or ready.

Next up:
Mhairi
Edmond
[/sblock]
 

Axel

First Post
Mhairi stops suddenly as something sticky and smelly hits her face and she can't see. Was that a pig turd?! Who would do that! Tucking the pig securely under one arm she uses the spare hand to wipe away enough that she can see. "Really, you think that was going to help you? Now or once we're done?" she asks, malice dripping from her voice as she calmly stepped up to the hole in the floor. She holds the pig in two hands, out over the hole.

With a smile as gentle and yielding as an iron bar, Mhairi drops it down to whatever happens to be waiting. Raising her arms high she calls out "Now, do we win?"

[sblock=ooc]
Move action to wipe away the poo (never thought I'd be writing that on a PbP forum...). 5' step to the west to the hole, drop pig in the hole. We win! Huzzah! :)
[/sblock]
 

Dr Simon

Explorer
There is a ragged cheer from the crowd as another pig is eaten by the giant wolverine, then everything goes quiet as the Emperor of Old Korvosa rises unsteadily to his feet.

"Best out of five!" he shouts.

A nervous equerry mutters something to him.

"What?" says the Emperor.

"I said we've run out of pigs, my liege," replies the equerry. The Emperor glares at him for a moment, then waves a pox-scarred hand in dismissal.

"Eh, never mind," he says. "It was a boring game anyway. Too much goal-hanging. You!" He gestures to the challengers. "You've won, well done, blah blah blah. So, you wanted to meet my artist in residence, didn't you? Chittersnap," he turns to the spider-humanoid thing beside him. "Go and fetch Master Scream and bring him to meet our guests."

As the spider departs, the Shinglesnipes drag their unconscious players away, a couple giving curt nods of appreciation to the challengers, the crowd largely disperses, although some of Pilts Swastel's gang still lurk around the roofspaces that forms the "audience chamber". Pilts watches on with greedy eyes and a private joke making a smirk on his lips. His little hooded executioner stands silently beside him. Soon Chittersnap returns, leading a thin man, with wild hair and a nervous expression, wearing a paint stained smock.

"Ah, my esteemed artistic genius," says Pilts. "These fine gentlemen, and lady, would like a word with you. Well, my fine heroes, ask away."
 

Kaodi

Hero
"Perhaps you might excuse us a moment while we speak with our friend here," says Ignatius, his silver tongue doing much to hide his disdain. "Our business is our own. I am sure you can sympathize with such sensitivities."

OOC: Diplomacy: 1d20+15=20 .
 

Dr Simon

Explorer
"Oh, of course," says Pilts. "I understand, a bit of privacy away from this rabble. Follow Chittersnap."

The spider thing clamps a hairy pincer/hand around Salvatore Scream's arm and leads him inside. Pilts follows on behind. Through the door behind the stage is a corridor, and Chittersnap goes through a door to the right, into a fairly large room. Surmounted around the walls are severed heads, giving off a scent of vinegar and rot; mostly human with ghastly grimaces on their dead faces.

"This is where I keep my traitors," says Pilts, closing the door behind him and gesturing to the heads. "So, privacy. You've got five minutes with my artist." He either hasn't got, or has chosen to ignore, Ignatius hint, as the Emperor and Chittersnap are still present.

Pilts Palace.jpg
 

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads

Top