Dr. Si's Curse of the Crimson Throne - Escape From Old Korvosa

Axel

First Post
Startled from her appraisal of some of the figurines, Mhairi pocketed one that she had been looking at in detail - a wooden monkey - and crossed the bridge towards the others. "Don't your fancy magical eyes work anymore Ed?" she called once on the other side.

Despite the banter, Mhairi is quiet and wary as she stalks down the tunnel, knowing this place was meant to keep things in rather than let them out.

Stealth is +18, can be done at normal speed (I love that rogue trick)

Kaodi

Hero
Ignatius, meanwhile, imbues a second rock with his light enchantment, effectively extinguishing the first, and hurls it as far as he can in the direction the water heads.

Maidhc O Casain

Na Bith Mo Riocht Tá!
[section]

Manachan nods at Edmund, and heads out after Mhairi. The girl steadily gains ground on him; while he can move quietly, it's not his forte.​
[/section]

[sblock=OOC]Stealth is at +6, but he's gotta move at 15'.[/sblock]

Dr Simon

Explorer
By Ignatius'light it looks like the water tunnel travels a short distance and then turns sharply to the left. Meanwhile, Mhairi and Manachan creep down the other tunnel. Mhairi reaches the end first, where the tunnel turns sharply to the left and ends in a set of double doors. The doors are bronze, elaborately sculpted with four adjacent circles made from tigers running in a circle. In the centre of each circle is a snarling bronze tiger's head.

Axel

First Post
As Manachan comes around the corner, Mhairi is standing in front of the great doors, studying them intently. "Reckon they're trapped? They remind me of those undead doors under the warehouse."

Ooc: making another trapfinding attempt, though more than willing to wait if Manachan wants to try magic shenanigans first. :)

Maidhc O Casain

Na Bith Mo Riocht Tá!
[section]

"Hmmm, could be. I'll watch the hall while you check."
[/section]

[sblock=OOC]He's got no shenanigans to try - for some reason, I didn't even have him take Detect Magic :(. Not sure what caused that particular brain fart.[/sblock]

Axel

First Post
Pressing a finger to her lips, Mhairi motions Manachan to be quiet. "No traps," she whispered, "but I think I can surprise Ed anyway". Mhairi set off back down the twisting corridor quietly, hoping to sneak up on Edmond and tap him on the shoulder.

Maidhc O Casain

Na Bith Mo Riocht Tá!
[section]

Manachan grins at the suggested prank and remains at the door, waiting for the group to catch him up.​
[/section]

[sblock=OOC]He's got no shenanigans to try - for some reason, I didn't even have him take Detect Magic :(. Not sure what caused that particular brain fart.[/sblock]

Remove ads