• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

D&D 5E Druids and taxidermy

Pathkeeper24601

First Post
This makes me think:

A druid walks into a Taxidermy shop and says "Excuse me, I am looking for my brother ..."

Maybe your druid will be more focused on what he is going to do to the taxidermist than picking up new forms.

My next character should be a LE Druid looking to preserve nature.

Does that mean that a Druid can choose a Jackalope beast form?

IMG_4910.jpg

Azurewraith

Explorer
I personally would say yes on both accounts. I mean honestly is it going to hurt letting them learn from the stuffed beasti? Probs not but I bet your player will like it.

At the end of the day wildshape is just a bag of temp HP, you can safely assume all the utility forms would of been seen.

S'mon

Legend
I like my druids druidy, so they have to have observed the critter in its natural environment, & certainly not stuffed. But I work with the druid player to come up with environment-reasonable critters she's seen at each CR.

schnee

First Post
A corollary to this thread.

There is a druid convention in the High Forest. The druids get together and wild shape into the different beasts they've seen so the other druids can add them to their repertoire.

Allowable?

Sure!

When a druid is high enough level, she or he gets the party announcement. Then, they have to submit the shapes they will be bringing to show to everyone else. If their contributions are good enough to get invited, you now have an awesome story hook to hang an adventure off of. Be creative!

Mad_Jack

Legend
I've let a Druid character use that as their method to learn its form for wildshape rather than having to observe the animal. They had to eat several of its major organs, rather than just being able to munch off a chunk and run away.

I'm suddenly seeing some large beast casually roaming along when the party jumps out at it and the druid yells, "Keep it from moving! I just need a minute!"...

Then as the party corrals the beast inside a circle of blades and spears the druid runs up and bites the thing, before running off cackling....

Henry

Autoexreginated
A story idea for druids - a druidic "Anthrocon" held once a year that the PCs attend and have to resolve a situation? :)

Populated by land druids, moon druids, wizards with polymorph, and rangers with polymorph wands? Followed by some massive bonfire/rave/orgy at the end night? That's a game session your players will never forget. ;)

Remove ads