D&D 5E Dungeons and Dragons revenue grew again for the sixth year.

happyhermit

Adventurer
Interesting;
In addition, for D&D, we did see our sixth straight year of growth. We are seeing about 150 million hours of content viewed on Twitch and YouTube which is up nearly 50% year-on-year. In the first half of 2020, we're seeing a lot of new initiatives coming for the brand. But again, I'm going to let Chris walk us through at our Analyst Day, our plans for digital gaming which are again substantial for D&D that begins in 2020.

Troubling;
Adjusted operating profit and profit margin declined as we invest in digital gaming initiatives, including MAGIC: THE GATHERING Arena and future MAGIC in DUNGEONS & DRAGONS digital games.

Ok, not really troubling but I am not a fan of the TT game funding video games.

Horwath

Legend

It's perfectly OK to do that.

From business aspecs; you need to be present in all/most areas of some economic niche.

You have your key products that have good profit margin and you have products that float arount "positive zero", but they are there to give advertising to the company

happyhermit

Adventurer
It's perfectly OK to do that.

From business aspecs; you need to be present in all/most areas of some economic niche.

You have your key products that have good profit margin and you have products that float arount "positive zero", but they are there to give advertising to the company

In situations like this I just prefer when things are less lumped together.

Prakriti

Hi, I'm a Mindflayer, but don't let that worry you
I'm not crazy about it either, but then I remember that I'm a D&D player in large part because of Baldur's Gate.

D&D video games bring more people into the hobby, so investment in D&D video games = investment in D&D the tabletop game.

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Upcoming Releases