Dwimmermount IC:

Deuce Traveler

Adventurer
"I'd not touch these stillborn. It won't seem right to me," Gargrim says before creeping towards the east. He whispers, "Besides, we might want to check our flank before dallying."

Binder Fred

3 rings to bind them all!
"They're dwarven... children," explains Midgrim to the human and the elf, whispering as if he could somehow disturb the sleeping statues if he talked too loud. "They didn't awaken right away. But sometimes they do. And then there's much rejoicing. We would take it ill if'n somebody robbed them of that chance."

'You understand me?' asks his straight gaze.

If they do he'll go take a peek into the narrow north passage. When he comes back to the others, he'll pass through the statues to see if there is anything but 'them' there and making sure they are all in good shape.

OOC: What lore, if any, does Midgrim know about the Stillborn, Imperialus? The Stillborn and kobolds? (I'm sort of surprised they haven't defaced or dismantled them, actually...)

Leif

Adventurer
Klyman Sylar

Klyman just frowns at Midgrim's words and scratches his head. He's not likely to be able to get his brain around this one.

Binder Fred

Midgrim raises thick eyebrows: "Yee do know how babies are made, don't yee? Chisel, hammer and rock, precious metals and stones, the will of the Makers. The basic stuff."

Imperialus

Explorer
Midgrim: You know that stillborn dwarves are the most common outcome of a failed attempt to create a son. Approximately 1 in 20 attempts will fail in one way or another. 90% of the time these failed sons simply fail to animate. Of the remaining 10% they will animate either as Kobolds or Gnomes. Kobolds create their own 'sons' in a simmilar manner to dwarves, and in fact as you poke around the room, you see several locations where it appears a statue may have once stood that has since been animated.

The northern passage seems to lead a short distance before opening into another room. You don't see any signs of life though.

OOC: as a note the smell of cooking seems to be coming from the passage to the east.

Deuce Traveler

Adventurer
"I hear their way is a lot messier," Gargrim comments as he peeks down the eastern corridor and listens for trouble. "Do you think we could try to birth another dwarf somehow? We could use the help."

Binder Fred

"Yeah, how DO humans do it, Klyman?" he inquires with a pointed, bearded grin, even as he considers his brother's plan.

[sblock=Questions for Imperialus]1. Can anybody try to animate a statue once it's crafted (and even though somebody else already tried and failed)?

2. If so, what could possibly be stopping the kobolds from awakening ALL the statues? Do they need something special for the ritual or something?[/sblock]

Leif

Adventurer
Klyman Sylar

Klyman clears his throat and says, "You'd better ask an older, more experienced, and married man about that for the best answer. I probably wasn't even doing it right."

Remove ads