D&D 5E Dwimmermount [IC]


log in or register to remove this ad

eayres33

Explorer
Hunter Brightwood

Out of the corner of his eye Hunter saw Mikel go down, and Magen was taking a lot of punishment from the wolves in front of him. The wall would have to wait.

“It’s not time to sleep yet Mikel, there are beasts to slay,” Hunter shouted out as he charged the wolf next to Magen .

OOC:
Hunter cast healing word on Mikel, as a bonus action, for 6 HP and then moves next to Corwin at H16 and attacks the wolf next to him for 10 damage.
Healing word on Mikel: 1D4+3 = [3]+3 = 6

Attack on wolf: 1D20+3 = [17]+3 = 20
should have been 1d20+5 so 22
damage on wolf: 1D8+3 = [7]+3 = 10

 

GreenKarl

First Post
Corwin swung down the rope and raced over to aid the knight, while Lucious stepped up and killed the wolf menacing the unconscious Mikel, whom was unconscious for only a moment as Hunter’s healing word washed over the wizard and cased his eyes to snap open and a low moan to escape his lips. The bard then moved adjacent to Corwin and wounded one of the wolves menacing the knight. Magen had been tripped over by one of the wolves but quickly rolled to his feet and knocked a wolf over. He then stabbed it but his follow up attack missed the creature and he only managed to wound it. Shara called on her divine favor and burned the wolf also but did not kill it!!

The goblin wolf riders rode about a bit, firing arrows at Lucious, Corwin and Hunter, but the bard escaped their wraith while the warlock and rogue both suffered additional wounds. The wolves bite at Magen and one managed to get past his defense.

Then again the ranchers popped up to fire arrows at the goblin archers, and this time the young man’s arrow found his mark and wounded one of the foul raiders!!!


GM: Initiative
19 – Corwin and Bittertooth
17 – Lucious and the Goblins
12 – Hunter
6 – Black Wolves
5 – Magen
2 – Shara and Mikel
[sblock=Actions and Rolls]Corwin
Lucious moves to attack wolf 5 and kills it.
Hunter cast healing word on Mikel and moves to attack wolf 2, dealing 10 damage (and bring it down to 4 HP)
Magen stands, knocked wolf 1 over and hits it for 7 damage (bring it down to 7HP) but misses it on his follow up.
Shara does sacred flame on wolf 1 and it makes it save, dealing 3 damage (bring it down to 4HP)
Mikel awakens this round (he is at 6 HP)

Goblins #1-2 move away and shot arrows at Corwin and Hunter (in that order); Attack and damage if it hits: 1D20+4 = [18]+4 = 22; 1D6+2 = [6]+2 = 8; 1D20+4 = [7]+4 = 11; 1D6+2 = [5]+2 = 7, hit Corwin for 8 (bringing him down to 6 HP) and missed Hunter
Goblins #7-8 move away and shot arrows at Lucious; Attack and damage if it hits: 1D20+4 = [17]+4 = 21; 1D6+2 = [4]+2 = 6; 1D20+4 = [20]+4 = 24; 1D6+2 = [6]+2 = 8, both hit!! For 6 and 8 damage (bring him down to 9 HP)
Black wolf #1-2 attack Magen (with Advantage); Attack and damage if it hits: 2D20.HIGH(1)+3 = [12, 15]+3 = 18; 1D8+1 = [8]+1 = 9; 2D20.HIGH(1)+3 = [17, 18]+3 = 21; 1D8+1 = [4]+1 = 5, one missed (so close!!) and one hit for 5 damage (bringing him down to 3 HP but he is still standing!!!). Magen also needs to make a Strength save vs. DC 11 to remain standing.

Ranchers shot at goblin archers #7-8 (in that order; note their AC is 13 without their shields) Attack and damage if it hits: 1D20+4 = [10]+4 = 14; 1D6+2 = [3]+2 = 5; 1D20+4 = [8]+4 = 12; 1D6+1 = [4]+1 = 5, #7 is hit for 5 (bring it down to 4 HP) the other is missed.[/sblock]Heroes Actions for Round 8?
[sblock=Conditions] Corwin 6/18 HP
Hunter 17/20 HP
Lucious 9/24 HP
Magen 3/24 HP
Mikel 6/16 HP prone
Shara 8/22 HP

Goblin #1 dead
Goblin #2 dead
Goblin #3 HP 9/9
Goblin #4 HP 9/9
Goblin #5 dead
Goblin #6 dead
Goblin #7 HP 4/9
Goblin #8 HP 9/9
Black Wolf #1 HP 4/21
Black Wolf #2 HP 4/21
Black Wolf #3 HP 21/21
Black Wolf #4 HP 21/21
Black Wolf #5 dead
Black Wolf #6 dead
Black Wolf #7 HP 21/21
Black Wolf #8 HP 21/21
Bittertooth dead
Worg dead[/sblock][sblock=Map] Map.Ranch5.jpg
Squares are 5ft[/sblock]
 

SunGold

First Post
Shara pulls the coil of rope off the side of her pack and throws one end down the wall. "Come on! You'll all die if you stay out there!"

OOC: Will use Warding Flare if attacked.
 

TallIan

Explorer
Magen Brigward, Fighter 2

One of the wolves grabs Magen's leg again and tried to shake the knight to the ground, but Magen uses that to his own advantage, bringing his sword down hard enough to break the creature's back. With Hunter next to him and only one opponent, Magen gets a chance to catch his breath. "Thanks." He says to hunter.

[SBLOCK=Actions]
Move: if both wolves are dead, he'll move to the nearest free rope.
Bonus Action: Second Wind
Action: Attack wolf 1

Strength Save: 1D20+5 = [8]+5 = 13


Second Wind: 1D10+2 = [1]+2 = 3
Well that was disappointing :( At least my choice of defensive fighting style paid off last round.

Attack and damage on wolf: 1D20+5 = [18]+5 = 23
1D8+3 = [8]+3 = 11

[/SBLOCK]

[SBLOCK=Mini Stats]
Passive Perception: 11
AC: 17 (19 with shield)
Initiative: +0
HP: 6/24 (HD: 1/2d10)

Offense:
Longsword: +5 5ft 1d8+3S
Longsword (2hnd): +5 5ft 1d10+3
H. Crossbow: +2 150/600 1d10P Heavy, Two handed, Loading
Shield Bash: Bonus action +5 contested roll vs athletic or acrobatics

Second Wind: 0/1
Action Surge: 0/1
Inspiration: 2
Healing Potion: 1
Bolts: 36[/SBLOCK]
 


eayres33

Explorer
“Lucious get Mikel and yourself into the homestead!” Hunter shouted over his shoulder as unleashed his rapier on the wolf.

Hunter turns to Magen and smiles, “You would have done it for me.”

OOC:
If the wolf is already killed by Corwin, Hunter will move to the wall and take the dodge action as he lets his bloodier friends up the ropes, first.
Attack on wolf: 1d20+5 18
Damage to wolf: 1d8+3 7
 

Thateous

Explorer
Lucious moves his curse to a goblin archer and fires, but the shot goes wide.
OOC: I lost all the threads I was subscribed to... strange.
 

GreenKarl

First Post
Crowin stabbed and killed one of the last wolves. He then dashed back and climbed quickly up the rope and over the wall! Lucious readied his bow and fired at one of the goblins but missed while Hunter stabbed and killed the last wolf nearby. He and Magen moved back towards the wall then as Shara shouts from above to climb up for cover. Mikel slowly gots to his feet and also moves to the wall to take some cover…

The goblins though seem to have had enough of this fight with their leader dead an many companions laying about the fields and start fleeing towards the hill…

GM: Initiative
19 – Corwin and Bittertooth
17 – Lucious and the Goblins
12 – Hunter
6 – Black Wolves
5 – Magen
2 – Shara and Mikel
[sblock=Actions and Rolls]Corwin hit and kills wolf 1. He then moved back to the wall and climbed the rope up to the top (he now has ½ cover or +2 AC).
Lucious shots at goblin archer but misses. He then moves back to the wall.
Hunter hit and kills wolf 2, and then moves back to the wall.
Megan takes a 2nd wind and with no targets moves back to the wall and can start climbing if he wants (Athletics check at Advantage with the rope).
Shara encourages the heroes to get behind the wall.
Mikel stood (half move) and then moves the rest of the way to the wall. He then takes the Dodge action.

Goblins and wolves all ride 100ft away. The goblins are stowing their bows and reading their shields so that they now have a AC of 15. They are at long distance for everyone. Next round they will race over the hills and be gone.

Unless you want to do something next round will be the last round of combat (so you could make two ranged attacks before they all get away if you want.
[/sblock]Heroes Actions for Round 9?
[sblock=Conditions] Corwin 6/18 HP
Hunter 17/20 HP
Lucious 9/24 HP
Magen 6/24 HP
Mikel 6/16 HP
Shara 8/22 HP

Goblin #1 dead
Goblin #2 dead
Goblin #3 HP 9/9
Goblin #4 HP 9/9
Goblin #5 dead
Goblin #6 dead
Goblin #7 HP 4/9
Goblin #8 HP 9/9
Black Wolf #1 dead
Black Wolf #2 dead
Black Wolf #3 HP 21/21
Black Wolf #4 HP 21/21
Black Wolf #5 dead
Black Wolf #6 dead
Black Wolf #7 HP 21/21
Black Wolf #8 HP 21/21
Bittertooth dead
Worg dead[/sblock]
 

TallIan

Explorer
Magen Brigward, Fighter 2

Magen's urgency to get the group to safety fled with the wolves and their riders. That didn't stop him sending a bolt in their direction before heading inside to check on the homesteaders and his squire.

Once he'd checked on everyone inside, he headed out to retrieve the bodies, then set about the grim business of gathering their trophies and piling the goblin corpses away from the homestead. "Burn these wretched things before they cause any more trouble with pestilence." he said, with venom in his voice

Once all the work was done he says somewhat more enthusiastically, "Well that was tough, but I'm glad we took care of the leader and the ogre, without those two they should be less willing to bother people. I'd still like to hunt the survivors down, it won't be much consolation to any hapless victims of theirs to know we got the big'uns. But first some ale and sleep."

OOC: accursed interwebs ate my original post, the to hit roll missed.


[SBLOCK=Actions]
[/SBLOCK]

[SBLOCK=Mini Stats]
Passive Perception: 11
AC: 17 (19 with shield)
Initiative: +0
HP: 6/24 (HD: 1/2d10)

Offense:
Longsword: +5 5ft 1d8+3S
Longsword (2hnd): +5 5ft 1d10+3
H. Crossbow: +2 150/600 1d10P Heavy, Two handed, Loading
Shield Bash: Bonus action +5 contested roll vs athletic or acrobatics

Second Wind: 0/1
Action Surge: 0/1
Inspiration: 2
Healing Potion: 1
Bolts: 36[/SBLOCK]
 


AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Upcoming Releases

Top