• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

E6 Red Hand of Doom (OOC)

dystmesis

First Post
hewligan said:
From the description of "Shadow", it seems that Smoke would probably have met him during their mutual travels in the north. Both are well known in the region, and probably naturally fell in with each other. Elgar also seems to fit well - similar outlook and warm nature, and given Smoke's like of a good drink, they may well have got talking over an ale, or even met on the trail.

sure :)

Bootmobile

First Post
Eidalac said:
Elgar's items:
5 potions of cure light wounds, 2 potions of endure elements, 2 potions of jump, 2 potions of magic fang, 2 potions of magic weapon, Excellent Spiked Breastplate [Sharp; Mastercraft, Fortified], Exceptional Greatsword [2x Sharp, Balanced], 3x Javelins, Circlet of Discerment, Belt of Resistance +1, Explorers Outfit, Backpack [2 Waterskins, Flint & Steel, Component Pouch, Everburning Torch, Chalk, Bedroll, 7x Rations, 50’ Silk Rope, Grappling Hook], 467gp, Letters of Credit (800gp)

Balanced: +1 to initiative
Fortified - 10% chance to negate a critical or sneak attack

Circlet of Discerment - +4 to survival checks, +2 to will saves vs illisions or otherwise invovlving disbelief

One thing on his sheet though - you have 3 level 2 maneuvers, and there isn't' a way to have more than 2 at this level (the one you learn at 3rd and the trade at 4th can be 2nd, but the other 3 have to be 1st.

Made the change, sorry I missed that.Made the change and added to gear over on the character thread.

What does "sharp" and "2x sharp" do?

Eidalac

Explorer
Sharp gives a slashing or piercing weapon a +1 bonus to damage rolls; 2x sharp gives a +2 bonus.

In the case of the armor, the sharp feature is on the spikes, of course.

johnsemlak

First Post
I think my character is statted up--Let me know if I'm missing something. I haven't done the equipment yet, or the spells memorized list.

hewligan

First Post
Just had a look over the characters. We have charisma of 6,7,8,9, and then 14 (my guy - Smoke). Let's hope we don't have to charm too many pants off!!!!

Eidalac

Explorer
Durn's Items:

2x Serpents’ Tongue, Golden Desert Honey, Tears of Fire, 2 potions of mage armor, potion of shield of faith (+2), potion of sanctuary, scroll of invisibility, 2 scrolls of shield, scroll of unseen servant, scroll of color spray, Vigilant’s Staff, Cloak of Resistance +1, Ring of Armor +1, Explorers Outfit, Backpack [Waterskin, Flint & Steel, Component Pouch, Chalk, Bedroll, 5x Rations, 50’ Silk Rope], 487gp, Letters of Credit (800gp)

Serpents' Tongue (120 per dose; double duration of enchantments)
Golden Deseert Honey (300 per dose; reduce summing to 1 standard action)
Tears of Fire (200 per dose; heighten any fire or mind-affecting)

The above requires 1 dose per spell level (min 1) to work.

Vigilant Staff (CL 1st, 5 charges/day) 1 charge – create water, cure minor wounds, mending, light, purify food and drink
usable as a quaterstaff

Other finishing touches:

Durn: Has 4 languages to pick (beyond common). Also needs allegiances.
Elgar: Lacking allegiances, and you still have to fix your maneuvers (you can only have 2 level 2 right now, but Action Before Thought, Emerald Razor and Mountain Hammer are all level 2 - you need to swap one of them for a level 1)
Zook: One bonus language to pick and allegiances.
Smoke: One bonus language to pick. From his description, I've put down Tanil, Freedom and Emancipation as his allegiances.
Shadow: From his description, I have Revenge, Anti-Goblin and Disordered as allegiances. (disorder is basically the same thing as Chaotic, just without the implication of being random)

That aside, once you collectively opt to leave town, I'll advance a day to the first encounter, so work out a marching order & readied spells/maneuvers and such when you head out.

FYI, the encounter will be on the second day, so you'll have rested before hand.

dystmesis

First Post
Any major languages my character should know? Otherwise he might know goblin, to better understand how to beat his enemy! Dunno about the allegiances. Anti-goblin, sure. Also an allegiance to 'Good' maybe. Not really any allegiance to disorder/chaos, just doesn't care much for the law/rules/society as he stomps around the wilds doing his own thing.

Eidalac

Explorer
Since Shadow has no Int bonus, he just gets stuck with common. :p

Also, for Zook, I just realized he gets Gnome automatically, so his languages are taken care of as well.

The most common languages:

Ledean (Common): The dead language of the Empire of the Wheel, Ledean is the tongue of trade and diplomacy, as most everyone knows at least some of it, and most modern human tongues were, once, dialects of Ledean that rose after the fall of the empire.

Albadian: The language of the cold northern regions of Ghelspad, which seems to be derived from an Elven dialect.

Calastian: The dominate language of southeast Ghelspad with the rise of the Calastia's hemogony in the region.

Darakeene: A corrupt form of the language of the dark dwarves, it is a wide-spread, but hodgepodge, language left as a remnat of the near total conquest of Ghelspad by the dark dwarves just before the Divine War.

Shelzari: Widely spoken across souther Ghelspad, it is the language of choice among sailors.

Veshian: Actualy a number of related languges used in eastern Ghelspad, derived from old Ledean.

Middle Elven: The only elven tongue common in Ghelspad, it is very closely related to Albadian.

Titan Speech: A number of related languages used by the Titans to communicate with their creations, with each Titan possessing it's own dialect. Since the defeat of the Titans, the languages have fractured into a huge number of dialects, collectivly known as Dark Speech. Each race of titanspawn has it's own form of the tounge, and countless variations exist within regional and tribal devisions.

Arcanium: The language of magic. In reality, this tongue is the Titan Speech of Mesos, and is the best preserved of all the forms of Titan Speech. However, most magic-users do not wish to be associated with a Titan, so the name has changed so that few beyond scholars know the true history of the languge. In truth, most spell casters are not taught the source of the langauge these days.

Sylvan: A mixture of the Speech of Denev and Elven, it has become the common tongue of worshipers of the Earth Mother and her creatures. Since many in Ghelspad still view the worshipers of Denev as Titan Spawn, in spite of her siding with the Gods in the Divine War, the usage of her true Titan Speech has become a liability, and seems to be a dying tongue.

Vangal's Tongue: Presumably an import from Termana, it has become the common tongue of the horsemen of central Ghelspad.

Last edited:

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads