Eladrin feats for half-elves

TerraDave

5ever, or until 2024
For world/story reasons, would it be wildly unbalancing to allow half-elfs to take eladrin as well as elf feats?

GoodKingJayIII

First Post
I'm going to say no, with a caveat that I don't have the books in front of me to actually take a look. They suffer the same problem with some of the elf feats, in that they won't have a racial power that the associated feats can modify.

Nivenus

First Post
It wouldn't be wildly unbalancing no. Fluff-wise, though I don't see it as making a whole lot of sense. The whole point of splitting eladrin and elves into two different races was because they were so different. Making half-elves and half-eladrin the same thing sort of reverses that process.

First Post
Personally, I like the idea of letting half-elf characters pick.. "elf" or "eladrin" as thier non-human heritage...

Both Elf & Eladrin have 1 feat each that requires a racial ability that half-elf characters dont have.. thus can not take the feat.

There are 2 Elf feats that half-elf characters can take...
- Light Step
- Running Shot

and 1 Eladrin feats that half-elf characters could take...
- Eladrin Soldier

TerraDave

5ever, or until 2024
Thanks!

Yes, I don't want to go to the trouble of coming up with another sub-race (and as written, its not like the half-elf is particularly "elven").

And, it does just come down to eladrin soldier, which could be pretty good for a half-elf paladin or maybe ranger, but not such a big deal as a house rule.

I will probably allow it.

fissionessence

First Post
I saw one guy's house rules included that the half-elf player, at character, creation, chose elf, eladrin or drow as his heritage, and could take relevant feats for any of those. Of course, there aren't any drow feats yet, but it could become relevant (especially with the forthcoming Forgotten Realms Players Guide).

~

firesnakearies

Explorer
It would not only break D&D, it would actually, literally, cause all D&D game books on earth to spontaneously incinerate themselves.

So if my Player's Handbook bursts into flame, I'm going to be sending you a very disapproving e-mail, sir.

Remove ads