• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Enterprise 11-05-04

Wolf72

Explorer
mojo1701 said:
You mean "conscience"?

Yeah! that one ... it's sudnay, spelling part of my brain is on stand-by :)

[edit: another spelling mistake ... I think I'll keep it though!)

Last edited:

Orius

Legend
Some more thoughts I've had on this episode, and the overall storyline as well:

I think Starfleet/Earth assumed Soong took the embryos because he wanted to build an army of genetic supermen or something. Look at Archer's reaction when he views the recording of the birthday party Soong holds for the kids. He's genuinely surprised. Soong's not raising them to be violent; rather he's raising them like any ordinary kids would be raised.

Last edited:

John Crichton

First Post
Orius said:
Some more thoughts I've had on this episode, and the overall storyline as well:

I think Starfleet/Earth assumed Soong took the embryos because he wanted to build an army of genetic supermen or something. Look at Archer's reaction when he views the recording of the birthday party Soong holds for the kids. He's genuinely surprised. Soong's not raising them to be violent; rather he's raising them like any ordinary kids would be raised.
This is what I consider Trek. Trek is supposed to make you think. It's not supposed to be cut-n-dry sci-fi. The best episodes have morality, tough choices and character building. These last 2 haven't been perfect but they are a positive step in the right direction towards what I consider to be true Trek.

Staffan

Legend
Cthulhudrew said:
I think you'll find it's actually fairly rare for the alternative to happen- where a multi-episode arc is credited as being written by the same person.
Well, there was this one show where one guy wrote 59 episodes in a row. But yeah, not common.

Brown Jenkin

First Post
The one thing that struck me in this episode was for one of the few times on TV someone in a hostage situation actualy had a spine (at least for awhile). Sure they had to back out on that later in the episode, but for a little bit though I was proud of the station commander that put his orders from Star Fleet above the life of his crew. I was also surprised and impressed that after Archer gave his order to T'pol she went about following it without being all wishy-washy trying to come up with another solution.

Wycen

Explorer
Thankfully I did get to see the Sunday edition.

Malik will turn on Soong, the only thing I wonder is if he'll be killed or simply smacked around and ignored. In my moment of megalomania I would have grabbed a disrupter pistol and killed Malik when he shoved me, but that's just delusional ranting. :p

I was happy to see the station commander had a pair. That I didn't expect. I'll be curious to see in the next episode if all the augments are taken from storage, if they'll be destroyed or put back into deep freeze by Earth or if some will escape, (ala Khan).

Cthulhudrew

First Post
Staffan said:
Well, there was this one show where one guy wrote 59 episodes in a row. But yeah, not common.

Was that Babylon 5? (I know Strazcynski wrote a lot of those- heck, it was his baby).

Definitely a rarity, though.

Truth Seeker

Adventurer
Mercy, that was show about tough choices...I had to watch it 3 times, for everything to sink(I usually do that now, to analysis the show in more detail), all around...it was good.

Rating:4.0(the sacrifice of a worker, for standing orders, is a hard thing to do, then turn that around, and watch that resistant crumble, when a good friend's life is on the line...wow!)

myrdden

First Post
Orius said:
The storyline's still going pretty strong.

*Of course that raises the question of why Kirk's loose cannon behavior was tolerated; my assumption is that Section 31 had no problem with Kirk taking on threats the way he did regardless of how many times he broke the Prime Directive or Starfleet Regulations. :]

My view has been that Kirk's era represented a huge leap in exploration for the Federation. Starship Captains probably had a lot more flexibility and control over their command than in TNG and later.

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads