• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Enterprise 11-12-04

Mark

CreativeMountainGames.com
Enterprise - "The Augments"

The Enterprise crew pursues Dr. Arik Soong (Brent Spiner) and his superhuman Augments across hostile Klingon space to a planet where he intends to raise his army.

Cast: Scott Bakula, Connor Trinneer, Jolene Blalock, Dominic Keating, Anthony Montgomery, Linda Park, John Billingsley.

Guest(s): Brent Spiner as Arik Soong, Alec Newman as Malik, Abby Brammell as Persis, Adam Grimes as Lokesh, Richard Riehle as Dr. Jeremy Lucas, Kristen Ariza as Augment, and Mark Rolston as Captain Magh.

LeVar Burton ("Enterprise" (2001) TV Series episodes - 1.06 "Terra Nova", 1.10 "Fortunate Son", 2.22 "Cogenitor", 2.24 "First Flight", 3.03 "Extinction", 3.10 "Similitude", 3.20 "Forgotten, The", and 4.06 "Augments, The")
and Mike Sussman ("Enterprise" (2001) TV Series episodes - (story) 3.17 "Hatchery", (teleplay) 1.04 "Strange New World", (teleplay) 1.14 "Shadows of P'Jem", (teleplay) 1.17 "Fusion", (teleplay) 1.21 "Detained", (teleplay) 2.25 "Bounty", (teleplay) 3.14 "Strategem", (writer) 1.09 "Civilization", (writer) 2.04 "Dead Stop", (writer) 2.12 "Catwalk, The", (writer) 2.16 "Future Tense", (writer) 2.23 "Regeneration", (writer) 3.02 "Anomaly", (writer) 3.08 "Twilight", (writer) 3.21 "E²", (writer) 4.03 "Home", and (writer) 4.06 "Augments, The", (writer) 4.09 "Kir'Shara") as the writer.

So, how many unanswered questions are there that need to be addressed to "fit" this story arc in with ST history?

obsidianelf

First Post
Warning Spoilers!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I was really disappointed with the Bio-Warhead conclusion. They kind of built that up as the reason for the whole Federation-Klingon War and it was a big let down to see that wasn't the case. Overall though I was really happy with the episode and the writing. Enterprise has definitely come a long way from the first season.

Last edited:

John Crichton

First Post
Good ep! Quick high points:

The Klingon warp "rainbow" effect. Classic.

The nod to the Khan death scene by Malik.

Archer's Bluff.

The nod to Next Gen & Data by Arik, which we all knew was coming but paid off anyway.

And the overall pacing. Felt like Trek. Can't give a higher compliment.

myrdden

First Post
FINALLY got to see an episode this season.

Other than the grappler stunt with the Klingon ship and the saving of the colony, I thought it was a really good episode - even after missing the first two parts. I appreciated the Khan death scene nod, but thought it was a tad bit over done with all the other nods in the episode (Space Seed and Data in TNG). I too was hoping that the torpedo would hit and begin the steady decline of relations betwen Earth and Klingons. Of course it may turn out that the decline wasn't so much with Earth, but rather the Federation and Klingon Empire competing with one another.

Overall - I quite this episode! Haven't said that about an Enterprise episode in a long time. :)

John Crichton

First Post
myrdden said:
Overall - I quite this episode! Haven't said that about an Enterprise episode in a long time. :)
Yeah, it feels odd to be excited and satified with it.

Oh yeah, one more from me: The reference to the Botany Bay. Good stuff. Made Malik a little easier to stomach.

I can see how some are dissappointed that this didn't start a big war with the Klingons and Earth but recall that they have to face off against the Romulans first before the situation can come to a head.

myrdden

First Post
John Crichton said:
Yeah, it feels odd to be excited and satified with it.

Oh yeah, one more from me: The reference to the Botany Bay. Good stuff. Made Malik a little easier to stomach.

I can see how some are dissappointed that this didn't start a big war with the Klingons and Earth but recall that they have to face off against the Romulans first before the situation can come to a head.

I don't expect a war between Earth and the Klingons, just gradual deterioration of the relations between the two.

John Crichton

First Post
Ah, well I'm sure it didn't help. With any luck we'll see some consequences of this ep in the future.

EDIT: Now that I think of it, they did gloss it over. Which is okay because of time. But it should come back to bite them in the ass later on.

Last edited:

Cthulhudrew

First Post
Overall, not a bad episode. I'm still not sure what the point of having Smike last episode was- they gave him all this development only to kill him off in the same episode... why, exactly? Didn't make much sense.

About the trailer for next week, though. It scares me a little that we've just gone through 3 episodes of "Wrath of Khan", only to have 3 more episodes of "The Search for Spock". I enjoyed these augment episodes, but I really hope they're not going to rehash all the ST:TOS movie plots this season...

(It might be funny to see Archer with T'Pol's catra, though, and hitting on Trip. "Hold still, Trip. I'm about to boldly go where no man has gone before...") :)

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads