• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Enterprise 10-22-04

Truth Seeker

Adventurer
Mark said:
He really only says that after his counterpart (a captain like him and a former lover, to boot!) chases him all over the wilderness, constantly goading him into opening up and talking about the situation rather than burying it like he was. It's not like they opened the episode with him on the therapists' couch. :p

She runs into him in a bar and he doesn't want to talk. She finds out that he is off rock-climbing, so she follows him, uninvited. She's constantly making little probing comments to find out what is wrong, exactly. Finally, he has that nightmare and she catches him in a moment of weakness and gets him to open up.

I think they make it pretty clear he had everry intention of bottling it up, and she was perhaps the one person who knew both his situation and him well enough to help him begin to work it out.

The problem with minor changes that aren't well explained is they aren't lost on audience members, they just seem like they are either poor acting choices or writing mistakes. I think that might be further complicated by the fact that they are trying to retrive some lost viewers who would just as soon all of what happned over the last year or two was settled and behind us.
Women are good readers on the emotional front, shucks, a friend of mine did the same near thing this weekend past, she called me over, placed her hands on my head, and states, the reason for my headache, cause I was thinking too much. (Like 20+threads going on at the same time, her words).

After two minutes thinking about it...she was correct. ;)

Last edited:

aurance

Explorer
I really liked this one... First Enterprise I enjoyed in quite a while. Nothing seemed forced or contrived, which I felt was the case of every episode of the Xindi and Temporal Cold War plots.

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads