• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

EPIC M&M (OOC Thread #2)

Dalamar

Adventurer
I really need to buy some sort of attack power for Johan. He can't really help in a combat without finding a weapon on the ground. Though luckily many of the fights we've been in have had weapons lying around (coincidence?)

Last edited:

Calinon

First Post
Heh... you can try dipping into that little bag of tricks again. Methinks it may have run dry however.

Yes, I'd strongly suggest some attack power. Stirke, energy blast, stun beam, paralysis... something that can be incorporated into your armor. Or spend points on a gun. Or become a gadgeteer.

Mordane76

First Post
I'm actually planning on putting some points into Weapon next time around, plus a few other combat-related things to reflect some of the returning Directive training... also because I'd like to actually dish out some damage as opposed to just taking it... :D

Dalamar

Adventurer
Calinon said:
Yes, I'd strongly suggest some attack power. Stirke, energy blast, stun beam, paralysis... something that can be incorporated into your armor. Or spend points on a gun. Or become a gadgeteer.
Stirke? Is that a new attack power I haven't heard of? ;)
Seriously, incorporating something to my armor was what I had in mind too. The bad thing is, that my ranged attack bonus sucks. Right now, I'm considering one of the following: Dazzle (Sight, launching small bombs that explode to bright light), Energy Control (Sonic, thinking of the Shriek guy from Batman Beyond), Gadgets (D'oh), Paralysis (I bet there are paralysing chemicals around that can be launched with approriate injectors), Slick (plain old grease or the like), Strike (Gloves of the armor). Of course, a plain old Weapon works just fine too.

Argh! The choices!

Agamon

Adventurer
Take Gadget and take all of the above. ;) Fits the character. You might want to buy a couple of HPs too, though. My Sorceress PC in Toki's game has an extra 2 points and burns through them very fast. Versatility is nice, though.

Neutron will be doing a gut check when Mole's done with him ("Okay, that's all of my intestine...and there's my stomach, ew, what'd I have for lunch...can someone pass me my spleen over there in the corner?")

Calinon

First Post
Aggy is 100% right. Gadgets are the best way to go. Any power that's a 2PP ability or lower you can use with gadgets. It just takes a hero point to change powers. The gadget stays the same until you spend a hero point again, in fact.

And I thought Neutron would be happy! The Mole didn't even hurt him. Lord knows I was shocked. About time you had a little good luck on your guys side.

Velmont

First Post
Dalamar said:
What if I buy off the Heroic Effort flaw from Gadgets??

I think it is impossible to do so. What make gadget balance is extactly the fact their is heroic effort. What you can do, it is buy many hero's luck, and finish with a gadget power that is equivalent of X use per day. Buying off the flaw would mean you have ALL power of 2pp cost and less at 3pp cost. It is a bit ridiculous...

Remove ads