• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

[EPIC] Out of Character II (No more slots!)

Victim

First Post
Wait, if the Sandals of the Tiger's Leap, are allowed, then I'd like reverse my earlier change to aquire that property.

EDIT: Sulli, were you attempting to include more spelling errors in this post than the previous one, to prove a point about bad spelling?

Last edited:

Gurdjieff

First Post
Finally, I've been able to finish my character. He's not the uber-munchkinish thing you'll even come by, but I'm still new to the munching ;o. He's in the Rogues Gallery.

Janos Audron

Explorer
BoEM III
Quintelemental Blast
Evocation
Level: Wiz/Sor 5
Components: V, S
Casting Time: One action
Range: Close (25 feet + 5 feet/two levels)
Area: Cone
Duration: Instantaneous
Saving Throw: Reflex half
Spell Resistance: Yes

A blast of quintelemental energy shoots from your fingertips in a cone, inflicting 1d6 points of damage per level (maximum 12d6). This energy affects creatures as the energy type to which they are most vulnerable, if applicable. Thus, the spell affects a creature with fire resistance 30 as if it were an energy type other than fire. Creatures with a vulnerability to an energy type, such as cold creatures suffering double damage from fire, suffer as if exposed to their vulnerability. Even if a creature has both protection and a vulnerability to one energy type, this spell bypasses the protection and still affects the vulnerability. So if a wizard cast protection from elements (fire) on a frost worm, quintelemental blast would ignore the protection spell and inflict double damage on the frost worm.
Creatures with resistance or immunity to all elements have appropriate protection from the damage this spell inflicts. A cleric carrying the effects of five different resist elements spells (for all five energy types—acid, cold, fire, lightning, and sonic) subtracts 12 points of the damage she normally would suffer from this spell.

I thought that since you had approved my character, you had also approved all of the spells...

Jemal

Adventurer
hmm... so THAT's what Quintelemental blast does..
I been trying to get someone to post the stats for weeks and here you just up and post it one day. *L*
thanx dude.

hmmm.. that's a damn fine spell... obviously too easy for powergaming combos with "Induce vulnerability", but nevertheless..
Guess I know what 5th lvl spell I'll be taking next time I learn a new one.

Creamsteak

Explorer
Wait, if the Sandals of the Tiger's Leap, are allowed, then I'd like reverse my earlier change to aquire that property.

EDIT: Sulli, were you attempting to include more spelling errors in this post than the previous one, to prove a point about bad spelling?

It depends on the context of the character to me.

Jemal said:
hmm... so THAT's what Quintelemental blast does..
I been trying to get someone to post the stats for weeks and here you just up and post it one day. *L*
thanx dude.

hmmm.. that's a damn fine spell... obviously too easy for powergaming combos with "Induce vulnerability", but nevertheless..
Guess I know what 5th lvl spell I'll be taking next time I learn a new one.

Well, that's if I allow it. Janos, I told you beforehand that I would need the information on your spells. If I don't know what they do, what can I do with them?

And as for Quintelemental blast, it seems obtusely overpowering, and its philosophy of ignoring game mechanics is just bastardly. However, since it does allow a save for half, it's not completely weird to me. I'll consider it for a bit before I pass any kind of verdict.

How is this spell best described, and what's the context for your knowledge of it, since it's obviously exotic?

Victim

First Post
Is my character okay? Can I start posting on the IC thread?

Also, I've added stats for when Jaren uses his shuriken.

*Picks up his stick of prodding and annoying-ness +5, +7 vs. powergamers or munchkins, +9 vs. powergamers and munchkins*

Nice little critter in the Rogue's Gallery TFO, however, there are a few ;) nitpicks I have.

-Prices missing under equipment, and to have the Skittish Ring you need to have Skittish Nerves approved.
-Featwise I can't find Greater Multiattack at all in Masters of the Wild or Savage Species, mind telling me where to find it? Sorry if I overlooked it.
-Quote under the Insectile Template in Savage Species, "Despite having six arms, insectile creatures gain no additional attacks."
-Feral can only be applied to humanoid or monstrous humanoid not aberration or giant...although I'm not sure about how types were changed in 3.5e exactly.

Other than that things look mostly fine, nice mechanics on the Master Spell, should fit in with your background, just watch out against people with Iron Body or similar protections...

:)

Edit-Btw, I think unless they changed Rend, you only get 1 rend no matter how much you attack, as long as you attack twice on the same creature, I believe this is how it is with the Girallon, as well as the Multiweapon Rend feat in the ELH.

Last edited:

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads