• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

[EPIC] Out of Character II (No more slots!)

Creamsteak

Explorer
Sollir Furryfoot said:
Same charisma, I'm guessing its mainly there for flavor, and mentioning that they don't look like undead (and instead a humanoid of the appropriate charisma if you equate charisma/beauty) unless you see past their illusion.

Unearthly Glamour lacks modifiers perhaps do to 2 reasons:
A) It came out before the Monster Manual, and is lacking rules in several other areas (the Unhallowed in the book have con scores)
B) Unearthly Glamour, by its description, is a cross between Dominate Monster (Compulsion, Mind-affecting) and Control Undead which is a necromantic effect with no modifiers (since by its wording a False Lover can even hold sway over intelligent undead).

Although the reason its printed that way is most likely due to the first one, I'm inclined to think it could still lack a modifier due to the second reasoning.
Your character, after some more consideration, is seeming very 'distant' from the setting. I'm alright with limited undead, especially those with ancient unique stories, but your character is going to need more development in order for me to accept it. Besides your race and innate motives, what else are you going to be trying to accomplish with your character, Sollir?

Victim

First Post
creamsteak said:

Alright, the Order of the Pheonix will act as a seperate "section 13" of the greater church of free worship, which is headed by the diety Elishar. That seems to fit, as Elishar is a sun god.

Okay.

I wouldn't consider a temporary, spell created, Duplicate the same thing as a relative anyway. ". . . you and it are one person; one mind with 2 bodies."

I wouldn't consider Harm or Temporal Stasis valid effects for a spell blade, since those are Touch spells and not targeted ones. It might be tough to reflect an Imprisonment, but immunity is nice.

I'm surprised that no one is using Astral Projection.

Creamsteak

Explorer
Janos Audron said:
well, you can marry your duplicate and be a relative...:D
I don't think that's the intent of the spell though. However, I do think it would be OK to make a duplicate of yourself, transform it into a female, and impregnate it, then enchant that child. Only thing is, that's really really screwed up.

Victim

First Post
And then you could keep creating Duplicates and having them use Legacy to add sorcerer levels to the kid. Temper tantrums, but with Magma Burst!

Look for a baby sitter with AMF.

Creamsteak, I'm still planning on playing the False Lover, although I just need to revise her stats a bit. I already have a background and motivation prepared but still thinking about putting it in story form. But basically, according to Creature Collection I the Unhallowed are very much afraid of the afterlife since they would suffer horrible punishment, more so than the curse they suffer in their unlives. Kathryn would see the divine spark as a way to circumvent all of that.

Perhaps Janos, because that sort of relation doesn't count for the purposes of Eldritch Legacy.

As I have stated previously, a much more broken use of it, free of problems would be to use it with a Master of the Secret Sound, since they can use any 9th level spell once per day as a spell like ability as a full round action, with that, you can accomplish anything whether it be Ice Assassin (new WotC spell, wayyy broken), Eldritch Legacy, etc...

I have been contemplating several ways to counter Mord's Disjunction before as well, I did come up with a few tricks, but most of them require around a level 18ish character to work with.

Btw, I normally, strictly play only spellcasters, and infinite spell DCs are quite easy to accomplish, but they're pretty bland. Btw, if anyone really wants a save, the Mysticism domain is the way to go, I don't plan on taking it, but if I did I'd have an extra +17 to all my saves.

Last edited:

Janos Audron

Explorer
Using taint, you can get your DCs into the high 80s without really thinking how you should do it.

And Sollir, a relative is a relative. I asked some people over at #malhavoc and they all agreed that your wife is your relative...

except you have to have sex with your wife to make the marriage legal (well, in their fantasy worlds anyway)...and there's not really enough time for that.

And the master of the secret sound idea is nice, but you can't really use it, since it requires two people...

Taint doesn't exist in most worlds

Chatroom people have their own opinions, I'm sure you wouldn't agree to several things that several would say.

About the Master of the Secret Sound, there's a thing called Leadership :), or another character as per the brother mages in this game. Anyways, and there may be a good chance that I'm wrong, however (not according to wording, more spirit and I know how that's not really used nowadays) it *should be a blood relative.

Edit-Waiting on CS again to see if the False Lover option is still viable, let's leave the munchkin talk/boasting in another thread or something if you wish, its a bit bothersome here I'm sure.

Last edited:

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads