• Resources are back! Use the menu in the main navbar. If you own a resource, please check it for formatting, icons, etc.

5E E's Tomb of Annihilation

Khraos

Villager
"And if we leave it until tomorrow, we can drink for the rest of today!" Burk laughed as he playfully elbowed Oskeld's arm. "Are triceratops like those large lizards we saw enter the arena?"
 

eayres33

Villager
As the group came down for dinner they were seated at a corner table. A few minutes into their meal they were approached by a Chultan human female, who has two apparent body guards that stood back ten feet from the table.

“I beg your pardon’s, but my name is K’lahu a local business woman and I am looking for a group with you appearance to help me on a job. There would be pay if you are interested?”

GM:
Moving the story along a few hours it is now around 5 PM in the evening.
 

jmucchiello

Adventurer
"We already have a patron and we are meeting with him tomorrow at the races." Oskeld says. "If his requirements and your job do not conflict, it is possible we could help. With that in mind, and knowing we might not be able to commit tonight, what can you tell us about this job?"
 

KahlessNestor

Explorer
Port Nyanzeru/Inn
5:00 PM

Lily was heartily enjoying some of the fine Chultan stew. She liked the exotic spices. The little halfling thief looked up as a dark-skinned Chultan woman approached their table. She eyed the body guards standing back from her. Huh.

She listened to the woman’s proposal. Oskeld seemed to have things handled, though, but Lily wasn’t averse to a little side job.

“And who are you?” Lily chirped up. “And can you afford us?” Always best to make a client sound like they were getting the best by paying more money.

[sblock=Actions]
Move:
Action:
Bonus Action:
Reaction:
Conditions:
[/sblock]

[sblock=Ministats]
Inspirations:
AC: 15 (studded leather)
HP: 8/8 HD: 1/1d8
[/sblock]
 

EarlyBird

Villager
"Afford us?" Tlazo says looking up from his drink. The wood elves' ears being long and very useful. "Are we mercenaries now? I'm here for the exploration and discovery, I'm not sure I like being on to many peoples payrolls."
 

eayres33

Villager
“To be honest I’m a bookie and I’m looking for you to do a one time job for me. One of the local gladiators, Taban, owes me five hundred gold pieces and I’m looking for some muscle to help convince him to repay me.”

K'lahu paused for a moment looking at the group, “I’d pass on ten percent of what we collect from Taban, most likely all you’ll have to do is stand behind me and look tough, perhaps a back hand or two, it shouldn’t take much.”
 

jmucchiello

Adventurer
"If this job just requires looking tough and maybe a back hand, what is wrong with those two standing with you looking tough and applying a back hand or two?" Oskeld asks. "Tell me exactly why you need additional muscle."

OOC: Insight check [roll0]
 

KahlessNestor

Explorer
Port Nyanzeru/Inn
5:01 PM

“Hm,” Lily mused. “Not sure I can reach to backhand him,” the little halfling said. “I can punch him in the nuts, though!” she said, perking up. “Ten percent of five hundred is fifty, divided by…” she counted around the group. “Well, that’s pretty good gold for just punching a guy in the ding-dong. Heck, I’d do that for free! Oskeld, you don’t want your share, do you?” she asked the cleric. “I mean, I’m not sure where blows to the sticks and stones stands with your...you know…” she said, pointing up. “And, well, Tlazo already said he didn’t want his share. Good of him to do a public service for free.”

[sblock=Actions]
Move:
Action:
Bonus Action:
Reaction:
Conditions:
[/sblock]

[sblock=Ministats]
Inspirations:
AC: 15 (studded leather)
HP: 8/8 HD: 1/1d8
[/sblock]
 

jmucchiello

Adventurer
"Lily, this patron already has access to muscle. Don't you find it strange that she needs our help in this case. There is probably more going on here than just a gladiator owning a bookie 500 gp." Oskeld says, ignoring the fact that K'lahu is standing right there.
 

EarlyBird

Villager
"I'll pass," Tlazo says to the bookie. "I have studying to do before tomorrow, and am not the best at 'back handing' anyone."

OOC: Not sure if I need an Insight or not, but this is surely not a Tlazo type job. He may be getting an odd feeling about this.
 

eayres33

Villager
K’lahu sighed and frowned, “Well if someone is right, I feel the need to tell them they are right. If this was an easy mark me and my two body guards could go collect the money ourselves, but Taban is a tough SOB and I need more than these two.” K’lahu paused for a second and nods her head in the direction of her guards.

“Taban is one of the better gladiators in this city, if he thinks he has the advantage he will fight, I’m hoping showing up with overwhelming odds will force him to pay his debts. I can make the deal better, I can give you each a promise of 3 GP, whether we collect or not.”
 

Khraos

Villager
"I am in." Burk replies. "How far is it from here?"

Sent from my SM-J327P using Tapatalk
 
Last edited:

KahlessNestor

Explorer
Port Nyanzeru/Inn
5:02 PM

Lily blinked and looked at Oskeld. “Yeah, but how many times does someone offer you money to punch someone in the ding-dongs?” she asked. “And they can’t do anything about it! I bet it will be hilarious! Everyone always laughs at it in the mummers’ shows.” She grinned. Of course, not having dangly bits herself, she didn’t know how sensitive males could be about it.

K’lahu spoke again and Lily looked over and back once more. “See? Gold for just showing up! And there won’t even be a fight!” She paused and looked back to K’lahu. “I still get to punch him in the twigs and berries, right?”

[sblock=Actions]
Move:
Action:
Bonus Action:
Reaction:
Conditions:
[/sblock]

[sblock=Ministats]
Inspirations:
AC: 15 (studded leather)
HP: 8/8 HD: 1/1d8
[/sblock]
 

jmucchiello

Adventurer
"Who said he can't do anything about it? She says he's one of the best gladiators. I doubt he'll just let someone punch his privates."
 

KahlessNestor

Explorer
Port Nyanzeru/Inn
5:03 PM

“But he has to!” Lily protested. “He owes money! Them’s the rules. K’lahu said so!” The halfling picked up her mug and drank deeply of the tej. So good!

[sblock=Actions]
Move:
Action:
Bonus Action:
Reaction:
Conditions:
[/sblock]

[sblock=Ministats]
Inspirations:
AC: 15 (studded leather)
HP: 8/8 HD: 1/1d8
[/sblock]
 

jmucchiello

Adventurer
Oskeld laughs, "Child, there are no rules when it comes to fighting. You try to punch some, privates or not, and they will more often than not punch you back."
 

EarlyBird

Villager
"Well if there will be no fighting the more of us there are, then I guess I will come along." The wood elf sighs finishing his water and grabbing his pack.
 

KahlessNestor

Explorer
Port Nyanzeru/Inn
5:04 PM

Lily grinned at Oskeld. “They have to catch me first!” she asserted with a laugh, downing the last of her tej and gathering her things, as well. “Let’s go punch this guy in the junk.”

[sblock=Actions]
Move:
Action:
Bonus Action:
Reaction:
Conditions:
[/sblock]

[sblock=Ministats]
Inspirations:
AC: 15 (studded leather)
HP: 8/8 HD: 1/1d8
[/sblock]
 

jmucchiello

Adventurer
"None of you have any sense." Oskeld picks up the ale he had been nursing and downs the rest of it in a single swallow. "I will come along. But I don't work for you, lady. You can pay them. But I don't work for you."
 

Advertisement

Top