• Resources are back! Use the menu in the main navbar. If you own a resource, please check it for formatting, icons, etc.

5E E's Tomb of Annihilation

eayres33

Villager
A middle aged male halfing makes his way over to the table and looked at the new comers with interest, “It looks like a ship must of just came in,” he said smiling. “Can I get anything for you to drink?”

Not waiting for a reply he kept talking, “What brings the lot of you to Port Nyanzaru are you here for the races, or you looking to make a fortune bringing treasure back in from the rain forest?”
 

KahlessNestor

Explorer
Port Nyanzeru/Red Bazaar
Morning

“Treasure?” Lily perked up, looking at the other halfling. “What kind of treasure?” she asked him eagerly. “Oh, and can I have some of that tej?” she asked.

[sblock=Actions]
Move:
Action:
Bonus Action:
Reaction:
Conditions:
[/sblock]

[sblock=Ministats]
Inspirations:
AC: 15 (studded leather)
HP: 8/8 HD: 1/1d8
[/sblock]
 

EarlyBird

Villager
"Off to see the races. Even though I grew up here, I have never been out to see them." Tlazo says with opptimism of experiencing something new.

He looks over the halfling wondering how long he has lived in the city. "Know of anyone who has returned with treasure from the jungle? Anyone who may have a map of the jungle?"

OOC: Does anyone know the lay of the land in our party. Although raised here Tlazo was never let far off his nanny's skirts. Wonder where we are in relation to "east of Mbala."
 

jmucchiello

Adventurer
"We don't have to worry about the races until midday tomorrow." Oskeld announces. He goes to the proprietor and asks how much a private room far from the loud common areas costs.
 

Khraos

Villager
"Tej for me as well." Burk chimmed in, then excitedly followed up with, "And I am here to see the jungle."
 

eayres33

Villager
The halfing smiled at Lily, “Oh all kinds of treasure, or so I hear. I haven’t actually seen much brought back but there are all types of forgotten cities and Shrines throughout the jungle. One tej coming up.”

“And a second for you as well,” he says to Burk

As Oskeld approaches the bar and old human female nods her head, “It’s five silver a night for a bed,” she says with a smile.


GM:
Mbala is one of the two locations in the jungle that are on the map you were given. It is SW of Port Nyanzaru around 30 miles into the uncharted lands near the end of the Soshenstar River.
A mug of tej is 2 CP during happy hour.
 

jmucchiello

Adventurer
Oskeld pays for two nights. And then sits with the others. He also buys a mug of tej and drinks it slowly. "So what was that all about with the man in the street talking about Mbala, was it?"
 

KahlessNestor

Explorer
Port Nyanzeru/Red Bazaar
Morning

Lily paid the two copper for the tej and looked at the others. She wasn’t going to buy a room until she knew she needed it.

“Think Mbala has anything to do with this curse we’re supposed to solve?” she asked. “How do we go about finding out about this curse, anyway, and where to go next?”

[sblock=Actions]
Move:
Action:
Bonus Action:
Reaction:
Conditions:
[/sblock]

[sblock=Ministats]
Inspirations:
AC: 15 (studded leather)
HP: 8/8 HD: 1/1d8
[/sblock]
 

EarlyBird

Villager
Tlazo fiddles with the medallion around his neck and answers Lily's question. "I think that is what we'll find out tomorrow at the races. Or at least we'l learn more than we know right now."

OOC: Who has the map? If Tlazo has it he will roll it out and point to Mbala on it. South of Camp Vengeance.
 

Khraos

Villager
Burk downs his tej and raises his mug to ask for another one. "I am sure it will all come together. Maybe we need to get a guide to tell us more. Joffrey told us to find one anyways, maybe he knows!"

OOC: I don't think anyone has the map, I think we just looked at Joffrey's map.
 

KahlessNestor

Explorer
Port Nyanzeru/Red Bazaar
Morning

“Okay, then. A guide. So where do we find one of those?” Lily asked. “And a map would be good, like Joffrey had. Yeah.” She waved her arm for another mug of tej. It was good! “I’d like to see the races, too,” she agreed.

[sblock=Actions]
Move:
Action:
Bonus Action:
Reaction:
Conditions:
[/sblock]

[sblock=Ministats]
Inspirations:
AC: 15 (studded leather)
HP: 8/8 HD: 1/1d8
[/sblock]
 

eayres33

Villager
The Halfling came back with the drinks that were ordered he smiled as he overheard some of the conversation.

“If you are looking for guides, the Merchant Prince Jobal has all the registered guides working for him. You can always go to his residence and he will find one for you,” the Halfling said smiling. “I think I see a few of his men over in the corner there and another one at the bar.”

The Halfling took a step closer to the group and lowered his voice, “There are also a few unregistered guides you can find out in Malar’s Throat.”
 

KahlessNestor

Explorer
Port Nyanzeru/Red Bazaar
Morning

Lily looked at the halfling proprietor. “Thanks!” she said. She leaned in conspiratorially as well. “Why would they be unregistered?” she asked. She glanced over to the bar and the table where he had said Prince Jobal’s men were, studying them.

[sblock=Actions]
Move:
Action:
Bonus Action:
Reaction:
Conditions:
[/sblock]

[sblock=Ministats]
Inspirations:
AC: 15 (studded leather)
HP: 8/8 HD: 1/1d8
[/sblock]
 

jmucchiello

Adventurer
"So the local lord can tax them and tax anything found in the jungle," Oskeld said. "That's how lords think. Doesn't matter what continent."
 

eayres33

Villager
“Your friend has the general idea, you register to get taxed, and if you are taxed you are legal and certified. You are free to work, but you don’t work for free and the Merchant Prince takes his cut.” The little man said smiling.

“As to your question,” he said looking at Lily, “well some people have a past that may keep them from being registered, and other’s well let’s say their spirits are too free to be weighted down by taxes. If you are looking for free-spirits it is the cats you want.”

“Now the two in the corner are all official, they would be the man and the Halfling in the fancy clothes there,” the server said pointing to the NE corner of the room, “Faroul and Gondolo, rumor has it they even have a triceratops they take along with them sometimes.”
 

jmucchiello

Adventurer
"I suppose we should wait until we've met with our patron at the races tomorrow before we hire people." Oskeld says, still nursing his first ale.
 

KahlessNestor

Explorer
Port Nyanzeru/Red Bazaar
Morning

Lily perked up then. “Oo! Did you hear that?” She elbowed Oskeld in the ribs a little harder than intended, sloshing a bit of ale into his beard. “A triceratops!” She looked back at the halfling curiously. “What’s a triceratops?”

Even before he answered, Lily went back to intently studying Oskeld’s holy symbol which, somehow, she’d gotten from around his neck!

[sblock=Actions]
Move:
Action:
Bonus Action:
Reaction:
Conditions:
[/sblock]

[sblock=Ministats]
Inspirations:
AC: 15 (studded leather)
HP: 8/8 HD: 1/1d8
[/sblock]
 

Advertisement

Top