TSR Example from the worst TSR adventure module(s) ever published

Drew

Explorer
Quasqueton said:
I am really glad you folks are getting as big a laugh out of this as I thought you would.

Are you kidding? This is good stuff. And Simplicity's remarks were comedy gold. I'm quite literally laughing out loud.

GlassJaw

Hero
The scary thing about this module is that I actually PLAYED it!! This was one of the first modules my original group (back in junior high) ever played. Fortunately, I remember very little about it, which is probably a good thing.

[OT]
lukelightning said:
What a ridiculous statement in the module. Unless the room is entirely empty, there is always something to steal; when in doubt take a pillow.. I learned this from playing Morrowind on my Xbox: there is always a pillow to steal.

DId you take every one you could find in the game and bring them to your house? No, I didn't either... :p

I took every single little demonic statue and skull I could find the game and put them all over the house. It looked like Cthulhu himself lived there. :D
[/OT]

Insight

Adventurer
lukelightning said:
Let's get those PCs and steal all their money! Charge! Wait, where did Bob and Agnes go? What do you mean they went home to our lair! They are one fifth of our force! Well, let's do it anyways...chaaaarge! What? We rolled a 3? Are they surprised or is nobody surprised? And why do I only have 10 hit points when I rolled a 5 for hit dice (hit dice 1-6)? Joe and Fred, you two quit that singing! And no joking either. And stop running. Yes, I know we were in a hurry but still no running. Why? You're carrying a sword for Pelor's sake and if you trip you might stab someone. JOE! What did I just tell you about singing? Hurry up and stop that tarrying, but without running or singing. What, Fred, did you just ask me how to stop a rhino from charging? NO *#@!% JOKING DO YOU HEAR ME! I knew we should have just gone to that wererat infested inn or that stupid pavilion with the hand-wringing nymph...

That was quite possibly the funniest post I've read in weeks!

Vocenoctum

First Post
GlassJaw said:
The scary thing about this module is that I actually PLAYED it!! This was one of the first modules my original group (back in junior high) ever played. Fortunately, I remember very little about it, which is probably a good thing.

Psht, I ran it years ago. Great module, very fun!

Oh sure, it's got plenty of silly parts, but I still think it's better than half the early crop of 3e adventures by far. :)

lukelightning

First Post
(re stealing things in the Morrowind game...)

No every pillow, but just about. I stacked them into topiary-type shapes, along with the skulls and statues. and lanterns and candelabras as well. And burning torches...

GlassJaw said:
DId you take every one you could find in the game and bring them to your house? No, I didn't either... :p

I took every single little demonic statue and skull I could find the game and put them all over the house. It looked like Cthulhu himself lived there. :D
[/OT]

lukelightning

First Post
Nomad4life said:
I wonder how hard it would be to secure the rights to this module… To adapt it into a screenplay, of course.

Make it a musical, with such hits as "What's a Bandit to Do?" "Chloe the Chloroformer" and "Rats! Where's that Secret Door?"

FreeTheSlaves

Adventurer
So let me get this right:

"Seven men approach you led by a cleric & a drummer. They have expressionless faces & neither walk too fast nor too slow. Most appear to be peasants but with odd weapons. But wait! The drummer sounds his drum & they line up against you at 25 paces & to your shock their weapons are in fact swords! These brigands are sort of surprised but still expressionless as they charge you. In the distance you can make out a part of their lair. Roll for initiative."

Remove ads