Falcon and winter solider

MarkB

Legend
Since the Flag Smasher broke Red Wing how difficult will it be for Sam to replace it or repair it for that matter?
If Walker was accurate about it being government property, he might just be able to requisition a replacement - chalk it up to operational expenses.

Tonguez

A suffusion of yellow
If Walker was accurate about it being government property, he might just be able to requisition a replacement - chalk it up to operational expenses.

Yeah the status of Stark Tech is one of those things that Marvel Studios is brushing over at the moment (first with regards Vision and now with Redwing) - since his death has the government gone and requistion all Starks Tech or is Pepper still in control?

I see that Armour Wars is one of the upcoming shows, so I wonder if that question will be addressed then. Seeing as James Rhodes has cameo’d in F&WS I wouldnt be suprised if the two shows overlap and continue themes.

Thats also one of the things that does interest me now that the streaming shows are officially part of the MCU canon - will these various series serve both as distinct tales and as interconnected vignettes in the wider narrative.

MarkB

Legend
Yeah the status of Stark Tech is one of those things that Marvel Studios is brushing over at the moment (first with regards Vision and now with Redwing) - since his death has the government gone and requistion all Starks Tech or is Pepper still in control?
It's awhile since I saw Spider-man Far From Home, but didn't Stark basically bequeath his company to Peter Parker in that movie? In that case, since this series takes place after Stark's death but before that movie, the will would presumably be tied up in probate at this point.

Marc Radle

Legend
It's awhile since I saw Spider-man Far From Home, but didn't Stark basically bequeath his company to Peter Parker in that movie? In that case, since this series takes place after Stark's death but before that movie, the will would presumably be tied up in probate at this point.

I’m pretty sure Pepper is in charge of Stark Industries

Stalker0

Legend

Not his company, but access to a high tech defense system, probably Tony's way of going "its dangerous out there, and I want to give you this to protect yourself". Pepper controls the company.

doctorbadwolf

Heretic of The Seventh Circle
Androids, Aliens and Wizards - did they just reveal Marvels Phase 4 storyarc? :p
Just wait until they find out about mutants!
The family fishing boat loan scene and the reveal of Captain America also set up the fact that despite being a hero, in America, he is still subjected to racism
I’m glad they aren’t going to ignore that part of the history of Sam as Cap.
There must be a sentence, a telling camera shot or facial expression that states the person is racist.
Not really, but in this case there is that. The sister. (And the guy demanding Sam perform for him while also denying him a loan that Sam should qualify for, but apparently that’s too subtle).
Many who are implying racism need to try and start a business with no income/tons of debt etc.
If you don’t see how that scene is about racism, you are missing information.
Although I agree at times LC leaned into some cartoonish villainy, I thought that at other times, the kind of sudden and extreme racism the characters encountered was similar to the way mythos monsters would suddenly intrude upon reality. That kind of comparison between supernatural horror and a real, tangible horror worked for me.
It also just like, rings true for a lot of people. Seemingly normal folks can just flip a switch sometimes and become absolutely monstrous.
That’s the real horror, the fact that the world’s monsters are literally all fully realized 3dimensional humans with complex internal lives. They’re just folks. Every single one.
It gets deeper, or more subtle, than systemic racism, to the point of unconscious, or sub-conscious, biases. The stuff that happens without someone even being aware they are acting that way or saying those things. Wait til we really get going with the character of Monica Rambeau or Kamala Khan, then we will see the subtle sexism thrown into the mix with the racism. But if these shows are done right, while they won't have any positive impact on the real haters, because racism is all about hate and making someone less than you, hopefully there will be positive change with people and their unconscious biases, those people who do not hate, but still do or say things that make people feel less than equal.
My big hope for these shows, and the increase in creators of color getting their voices onto big platforms in general, is that “moderates” will become more comfortable calling out bigotry and correcting their peers.

We won’t stamp out racism, but we can make it such a fringe that someone has to someday assure their grandkids that it was a real problem.
Precisely, Sam qualified for the loan consolidation. He would have gotten it if not for the changed done in the wake of the blip and people returning. However, these terms to shield the bank from a lot of people suddenly returning with no income for five years also happen to disproportionately exclude a lot of impoverished and disenfranchised people (who happen to not be white more often than not).
Those kinds of policy changes happen IRL, too, and they generally disproportionately impact families and business of color.
It would have been more subtle without the sister lamp-shading this, but it is pretty realist and I understand why they did it. I just hope they don't over do it in the future.
It would have been more subtle, but hardly more realistic. I’ve worked in a lot of public facing service jobs, and the scene reminds me of thousands of incidents I’ve witnessed while working with very friendly, professional, disarming, seemingly harmless and by the book, bigots.

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Recent & Upcoming Releases