• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

D&D 5E Finally

Brian Michaluk

First Post
found something very interesting in the hoard of the dragon queen

Supplements: you can play this adventure with just the basic rules and the tyranny of dragons appendix online, which contains all the monsters and magic items not described in this book. Both supplements are available free downloads from dungeonsanddragons.com

guess we will have something to download tomorrow :D

Brian Michaluk

First Post
more from hoard of the dragon queen

Character advancement: Optional rule Milestone experience rule. under this rule you pick certain events in the campaign that cause the characters to level up. in hoard of the dragon queen the characters level up after completing each episode except episode 5

Curmudjinn

Explorer
more from hoard of the dragon queen

Character advancement: Optional rule Milestone experience rule. under this rule you pick certain events in the campaign that cause the characters to level up. in hoard of the dragon queen the characters level up after completing each episode except episode 5

I use Milestone XP in most of my campaigns, for many years now. It also helps line up the party for tougher arcs and that sometimes-needed advancement.

I know I was this in here but I can't find it. Could you give the features for Guild Artisan and Noble (at least proficiencies and general feature description, though more detail is appreciated!)

gyor

Legend
Oh I think I remember Guild Artist is Performance, Persausian, Artistan Tools, and one language, and the trait is that your a memeber of the Guild, kind of like a Union, and they do stuff like pay for funeral, get you a Lawyer, and so on, but you pay out 5gp per month for membership dues.

Variant Guild Merchant, you get a Mule and Cart instead of Artisan Tools.

Noble Persausian, History, Gaming Set, and One Language, the 1% treat you like one of thier own, and commoners recognize you station as well.

Variant Knight- You get a Squire instead of buddying up with the nobles, i don't know if therd is any equiptment or skill changes.

ZombieRoboNinja

First Post
People have mentioned trading sorcery points for spell slots.
I get that you can spend 2 sorcery points for a level 1 slot, but can yo also "trade in" a level 1 slot for 2 sorcery points, or do you only get one point like in the alpha?

If the exchange rate is the same both ways, then sorcerers are actually spell point casters, and I rescind about 60% of my complaints about them. ;)

Remathilis

Legend
What are the domains of Ra and Osiris?

EDIT: Oh, while your at it: Belenus (Celtic), Bane, and Lathander as well...

No reason...

Last edited:

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads