• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Forgotten Heroes IC

Voadam

Legend
Voadam smiles at Lilly's answer approvingly then turns back to the prophetess considering "There are many paths through the forest, many ways to a woman's heart, and many methods to kill a man. If the children could not swim across, boat upon, nor bridge over the river, there are still the depths of the earth below and tunnels may lead a path that even children may follow to cross under a river."

Lot

First Post
Sigmar scratches a head.

"Could the river be dried up, maybe? As a boy, I think there was the remnant of an ancient mighty river on my land that ran no longer. The empty river had these smooth clay walls. I don't know why I just had this memory."

Shayuri

First Post
"Well," Lily comments, rising up into the air again. "They didn't actually say the river was blocking their path. Just that they came upon it. Maybe they didn't NEED to cross the river to keep going."

Scotley

Hero
Eglath

Eglath nods approvingly at the first two answers, "I would say the children walked across the river, which was frozen at the time."

Amazing Triangle

First Post
The lizard women's eyes turn bright yellow at the answering of the third riddle,
'You have passed the test of the mind, but the test of the soul is impossible as no one has ever completed it. So I shall offer this:'
'I shall give you the book,' the book is manifested in front of Skitha hovering just at his chest just outside of his arms reach, 'if you take the book now you will still find the information you seek. And you can then complete the quest you came here for.'

The lizard women's eyes stop glowing, as she waits for your answer. The book still glows faintly and continues to hover in front of Skitha.

Shayuri

First Post
"Don't do it," Lily warns, narrowing her eyes. "This IS the test. Take the easy way out, lose it all. Besides, there's got to be more to this than just the book. We've been hearing Ungotu since we woke up."

Lot

First Post
Seifer looks at the book suspiciously and nods as Lily speaks.

"I agree. They would never just give the book like that."

The knight looks at the lizard women.

"If they test of the soul is impossible because no one has ever accomplished it, allow us to attempt to be the first."

Scotley

Hero
Eglath

The big Goliath leans on his axe considering carefully the words. "Hmm, there is something tricky in the 'give' and 'take' parts. The word impossible bothers me too. I can't quite figure it out..." He continues to consider.

Skitha crosses her arms.
"I don't see how this book can possibly help on my quest. Even if it is a recipe book I don't want to know how to make lizardfolk brew, I just want to taste some. Now if you can summon up a bottle we'll talk finishing the quest."

Remove ads