• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Forgotten Heroes IC

Kafkonia

First Post
"It seems a reasonable request. Obviously you can't give the book to everyone who asks for it. So I, Kay Manclois of the Church of Johan, accept this challenge."

hafrogman

Adventurer
Chester does some quick counting in his head, it isn't difficult.

"Darkness, Other Place, Honor, Faith. That's four, and there's more than four of us. Are there only supposed to be four Ungotu? If so, the 'supporters' may just be the rest of us. What happens if I'm just a supporter and I take this test?"

Voadam

Legend
Voadam watches for their reactions, whether his choice of words from his guild friend's research struck a chord, whether the first test will be of arms and they will attack, or whether the prophetess will respond with a ceremonial invocation of her own and a different kind of test with the warriors as a living wall to prevent any backing out.

hafrogman said:
Chester does some quick counting in his head, it isn't difficult.

"Darkness, Other Place, Honor, Faith. That's four, and there's more than four of us. Are there only supposed to be four Ungotu? If so, the 'supporters' may just be the rest of us. What happens if I'm just a supporter and I take this test?"
Skitha examines the group closely, counting on her fingers. She gets three different results in three tries.
"Are you sure there's more than four of us?"

hafrogman

Adventurer
Chester rolls his eyes and holds up his fingers as he speaks.

"Yes, quite sure. You, one, me, two, Lily, three, Voadam, four, Eglath, five . . . I could keep going, but you get the point."

Amazing Triangle

First Post
"You have all agreed to the test," The female lizard bows slightly as the males create a strict circle. "There shall be three tests, strength of mind, strength of soul, and strength body. If the group survives we will allow you to read the book and also confer on you the title of Ungotu."

"Your first test is that of the mind," her eyes again roll up into her head and her voice changes.
A deep voice echoes from the lizard women:
'Answer these three riddles to pass the test of the mind.'
'Pulled by a night pearl, I bow politely and slowly straighten up twice a day. What am I?'

'A true story: a white horse jumped over a tower and landed on a priest, who immediately disappeared from the landscape. Where did this take place?'

'Three kids from Althora went for a walk. About a mile into the walk, they came to a deep, wide river. There was no bridge. They didn't have a boat or raft, or any materials to make one. None of them could swim. How did they cross the river?'

Her eyes roll back down. "What are your answers?"

Remove ads