• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Forgotten Heroes IC

Lot

First Post
Scotley said:
The Goliath steps forward. "I would know the details of this test before we accept the challenge."

As Eglath speaks, Seifer had started speaking as well.

"We will accep-"

Seifer pauses hearing the goliath speak.

"Actually, that's a good idea.

He turns to Voadam

"I have to keep my honor and my gut impulses from getting us all in trouble, right? I am trying."

Voadam

Legend
Voadam grins at the knight. "It is appreciated Siefer."

He steps forward and addresses the lizardlady. "We are here for the Book. You say you are here to test those who would be Ungotu. You say only the Ungotu may see the book. Tell us of the test and the Ungotu."

Amazing Triangle

First Post
"We are the keepers of the book," As she says this 10 lizard men all dressed in padded armor carrying a mix of swords and axes rise up around you completely surrounding you, "We test the strength of those who think to be worthy. The Ungotu are a people of prophecy." Entering a trance like state with her eyes rolling back into her head,"‘For they will come to you one born of darkness, one born of another place, one born of honor, and one born of faith. Each shall come and they shall not come alone. For they share a common light which they will use to destroy the darkness. They must gather their supporters and take the light from themselves into the darkness’s heart.’" She pauses, “So we of the Ashentari were charged from Johan to test and find those worthy of being Ungotu. You want the book Johan gave us you must become Ungotu.”

Shayuri

First Post
"Johan," Lily seizes. "We just happen to have some people who are like this with Johan." She crosses her fingers. "Go on guys, tell 'em. Ungotu. Hell, the demon lord himself called us Ungotu. Well, you know...his...aspect did."

She nods encouragingly, then looks at Voadam and whispers, "Do we have supporters? If so...how come we didn't bring 'em?"

Voadam

Legend
Voadam whispers back "Guild, Church, others." then draws himself up and addresses the prohetess quoting formally in a voice that carries to each of the lizardmen gathered around them as if performing a ceremony " 'The ungotu are to shine the Light in times of danger.' I Voadam the Green Mage, known as the Traveller from Beyond, commit to your test." Voadam raises the mace in salute.

"Hmm, I'll have to apply my brainpower to tell which of us each prophecy applies to. I don't think I have any Faith, and I'm not sure what Honor means so I'll get back to that one. All of us were probably born in another place, because otherwise we'd be, you know, lizardgirls like her. But Lily's obviously the one born in darkness since she doesn't drink with me and that's an obvious sign of evil. That means I was born in another place because if I was born in honor I'd know what it means."
Skitha starts laughing.
"That's funny. That means the rest of you must all have been born in this swamp. Maybe having no memories is a good thing in this case. Maybe you were all born as lizardgirls like her and you've been polymorphed or something."

Scotley

Hero
Eglath

With a shrug, Eglath raps the butt of his axe on the ground. In a powerful booming voice he announces, "I am Eglath of the Thuliga often called Lostfate." He whirls the huge glowing axe about and again thumps the butt on the ground. A fierce snarl on his face he adds, "I accept your test if you dare to challenge me."

OOC: Intimidate +8

Lot

First Post
Seifer steps forward, comfortable in the formal nature of this interaction.

"My name is Sir Seifer of the Dagmar family. I pledge on my name and my honor to the accomplishment of these tests."

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads