• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Gamer Significant Others

What is your dating status?

• Dating? Is that a new RPG?

Votes: 35 9.5%
  • Currently single, with some prospects.

Votes: 39 10.6%
  • Going steady.

Votes: 12 3.3%
  • Going steady with a gamer!

Votes: 11 3.0%
  • Living with my SO.

Votes: 28 7.6%
  • Living with my gamer SO!

Votes: 14 3.8%
  • Engaged.

Votes: 11 3.0%
  • Engaged to a gamer.

Votes: 13 3.5%
  • Happily married.

Votes: 107 29.0%
  • Happily married to a gamer.

Votes: 99 26.8%

Tetsubo

First Post
My wife isn't a gamer. Though she has considered getting into an on-line game.

My ex-wife is a gamer. I was often her GM. It lead to some awkward moments...

Sidereal Knight

First Post
Qualidar said:
Yttrai and I have been together for 3 years as of last night, as well (actually, it was the 26th of October, but it was a Halloween party, so we mark the date as Halloween. I noticed earlier that Piratecat and KidCuthulu met then too. Apparently Halloween is "gamer hunting season".

~Qualidar~

I would agree with that (although my partner and I met in September... our anniversary is in October). A close (gamer) friend of ours married her husband on Halloween, and was very disappointed that the Rabbi wouldn't agree to allow the guests to come in costume.

Tetsubo

First Post
Sidereal Knight said:
I would agree with that (although my partner and I met in September... our anniversary is in October). A close (gamer) friend of ours married her husband on Halloween, and was very disappointed that the Rabbi wouldn't agree to allow the guests to come in costume.

My first wedding was an SCA affair. About half of those attending were in garb. Of course I had a civil ceremony...

My first wedding was on October 26th as well...

FickleGM

Explorer
Happily married for over ten years to my gamer wife. Gen-Con is our favorite vacation (and not just because we leave the kids behind ;) ).

Although, I do drool at booth babes (and my wife doesn't even cuff me...too hard).

Snapdragyn

Explorer
Again, I say this thread is worthless without pictures....unless you're a male supermodel, then move along please. Nothing to see here...

Oh, I beg to disagree.

I've never dated a gamer. One of my current gaming groups is all gay (or was; we have a 'token' straight guy now :p ) & still nothing. Honestly, I'm not really looking to meet a guy with similar interests; it sounds nice, but as a gay gaming birder (or birding gamer; priority of the hobbies varies) I have to face the reality that the odds are rather abysmally low.

Tirlanolir

First Post
I can't marry my partner in this state.....yet. Perhaps in a few months, if he has anything to say about it (he's writing a brief in support of gay marriage in California). But we've been together for 8 years. I came out of the gaming closet to him about 1 year in. He was suspicious about my activities for 12 hours every other Sunday. And my explanation--that I was hanging out with a bunch of guy friends--didn't make things any better...lol! He is a non-gamer, but he loves Medal of Honor and plays it online. He doesn't understand the gaming thing, but he tolerates it.

DungeonmasterCal

First Post
The odds are equally low for a straight gamer living in the rural south! I was talking to a woman last week (school teacher; around kids all day long and the same age as me) who'd never even HEARD of D&D or other roleplaying games. When I explained things, she had this look... 0_o ..... and that was where the conversation ended... lol

Kanegrundar

Explorer
I once brought a date back to my house who then left as soon as she saw my D&D books. That messed me up for a while and made me think that the only gal that would want to be with me would be a gamer. Too bad the gamer girl population in my college town was little low at that time (it may still be, I don't really know). Once I finally took a nonchalant attitude towards gaming and played it up as just another hobby, it's amazing how few women honestly care. I daresay it's the same with guys.

Good luck,
Kane

Nellisir

Hero
FickleGM said:
Although, I do drool at booth babes (and my wife doesn't even cuff me...too hard).

My wife has no interest in GenCon, but since she has overnight trips to dog shows 4 or 5 times a year, she knows she hasn't got a leg to stand on when it comes to stopping me (plus I haven't gone for about 5 years -- I'm saving it all up!)

As far as booth babes, the policy is "look, don't touch". She thinks me oogling women is pretty funny, actually.

;-)
Nell.

Remove ads