• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Gangs of Texas [FULL]

KitanaVorr

First Post
Hiya!

I'm looking for two additional players to the Gangs of Texas game.

You can create your own character to fit into the game or choose one of the following NPCs. Their profiles are listed in the rogue gallery.

T-Bull
Kia
Amy
Rosa

Please either post here or send me an email to KitanaVorr@aol.com. Inexperienced players are welcome. I will make my decision within a couple of weeks.

Include in your application:
1. Name + Enworld Handle
2. Experience + posting frequency
3. Which character you'd like to play
4. How you plan on playing the character
5. an in character post

Thanks...here are some links...

Gangs of Texas
The setting is Houston, Texas post-Enron. All the PCs begin as ordinary citizens (with heroic potential) who live in or are somehow associated with the most dangerous ghetto in the south's largest city. Even though it appears to be action-packed with gangs and the violence that goes along with them, this is primarily a gritty political drama and an inherent mystery.

The game is self-rated PG-17 for violence and mature themes. Reality is a dark, dark world.

IC Thread
OOC Thread
Rogue Gallery

Last edited:

Fanog

First Post
Wow! I'd love to play in that one.

You'll have something from me this evening... (Quick, think of a character! ;) )

Fanog

Edit: Oops, evening came a little too soon, things haven't really 'clicked' into place yet. I'll give myself some extra time to get it all stream-lined before pestering you with my application. ;)

Last edited:

Dvang

First Post
Join

I would like to join, if there's still room.

I haven't played on ENWorld before, but I have played other message board games.

I'll work on a character and finish reading through the threads to see what has gone on so far.

Catulle

Hero
(is reluctant about commitment, but willing)

So - this d20 Modern thing... that's like Dungeons and Dragons, right? I'm not sure I know anything else, like.

In all seriousness, chuck me a mail if you want other players; I'll gladly withdraw in favour of any of these fine people that don't have games to go to already.

1. Name + Enworld Handle
Barry N McIvor and Catulle, respectively.

2. Experience + posting frequency
One Vampire game (Storyteller)
One D&D Game (Player)
One Star Wars Game (Player)
Posting frequency, my history tells me is 3.27 per day.

3. Which character you'd like to play
I'm not fussed - I like Amy's write-up the best, but that's simple gut preference talking.

4. How you plan on playing the character
Okay - given I'm not really committing to any specific character at the time being; I can only say that I'll try to stay true to 'my' character's brief - to work myself into character and to adapt according to the game's needs. The game is in charge, after all. I think that's all I can really say...

5. An in character post
Assuming you are vague on the subject of which character;

Former-professor Calven Jokairo sat, hunched over a datapad at the bar that fronted onto the Celestial's lounge. A half-empty beaker of lum sat on the counter next to him, and a t'bac pipe nestled in his free hand, sending a pungent cloud out across the empty seat beside him.

The human was dressed smart, for the Outer Rim. He had even shaved. His shirt was fresh pressed and laundered today, and his heavy explorer's boots clean and oiled against weather he knew he wouldn't encounter on-board ship. Because a man needs a routine. Half-moon eyeglasses perched on his blunt nose and reflected the data streaming down the screen of the datapad. To Calven's great annoyance, he was finding the things more useful by the week. He massaged his temples with a leathery hand, brushing back greying hair at his temples.

Quiet trip so far. Almost like before there was an Empire to worry about. The aging man mused to himself, a glance about the lounge showing an array of alien faces which were all too rare in the Core in recent years. He snapped the datapad shut and returned it to its pouch. I'm going to get no more work done today. Damn. Spinning his stool around to look out onto the lounge directly, he let himself slip back to lean on the bar, the growing strain on his back easing off. Not made like you were, are you?

"Where're they..." he stopped himself as the words fell out. A quick check indicated the bartender hadn't heard - or was keeping schtum. The kid and the droid had been all for this trip out to the Rim, though Calven hadn't seen either in a while. After Iridonia, Dantooine had seemed a logical next step in the puzzle, though he winced inwardly at what the passage had cost. Wasn't like that when I was working for the Society. He swirled his beaker, draining off the last of the Lum in one swig, and signalling for another. They'll show. Course they will.

Regards,

Barry

Edited to include the other info, plus a spelling check :eek:

Last edited:

Dvang

First Post
Char...

Kit,

I emailed you a character the other day (named Trash Can Willie). I don't recall if I added my handle on it (eek, I hope I did). If not, I'm the person who sent it. :) Let me know if it's not what you want and I can use one of yours, or make a different one.

I'm running two d20 modern games on wizards.com, but haven't actually played any myself (my PnP group only plays D&D, blah), so I should be fine with rules stuff (I hope ;) )

KitanaVorr

First Post
Dvang, I got your character and I have a few questions to send back to you through email.

Fanog and Catulle

Kia and Amy are your final choices respectively?

If so, then go ahead and create the characters using whatever I have in the rogue gallery thread as a guideline. They begin as level 1

Last edited:

Dvang

First Post
Ok, I sent you an email answering your questions. As I said at the end of the email...

If you want me to take one of your characters instead I'm ok with that.

Of all of them I'd try T-Bull...but I'd be a bit nervous because he's such a defined and prominent character. I'll try though if that's what you'd like. Whatever makes YOU happy. :D

Remove ads