• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Geek Confessional Thread 2024

I love painting minis but i'm not very good at it.
It's a cliche to tell you you'll get better with time and practice, but I'll say it anyway. As long as you're enjoying the process that's really what matters, and it's common not to realize you've improved a lot. The first time I realized I'd gotten better was when someone asked me to paint their PC for them. Only took about eight years... :)

CleverNickName

Limit Break Dancing (He/They)
I hate it. I wish there was some middle ground between featureless gray and taking up a full time hobby or paying handcrafted goods prices.
There is, but it's not very cost-effective.

HeroForge.com can 3D-print your custom minis in full color...no need to paint them. They aren't as detailed, and the colors aren't as vibrant, but they're definitely in the middle ground you describe. And they're like $30 each, so....ka-ching.

EDIT: Sorry, I was mistaken. Full-color printed plastic minis are $45 apiece. Plus shipping.

Last edited:

payn

He'll flip ya...Flip ya for real...
There is, but it's not very cost-effective.

HeroForge.com can 3D-print your custom minis in full color...no need to paint them. They aren't as detailed, and the colors aren't as vibrant, but they're definitely in the middle ground you describe. And they're like $30 each, so....ka-ching.
Damn that’s a lotta scratch for a single mini.

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads