D&D 5E General PHB Speculation Thread [+]

UngainlyTitan

Legend
Supporter
As other have said, I am hoping to see most of the changes tested in the UA process. Though I expect some tuning of stuff for balance purposes. I would also like to see a mixed ancestry that is not just pick the racial features on one parent race and rp the rest. I would also favour strong emphasis on build your own background.
In the backgrounds sections, instead of a list of backgrounds I would prefer a smaller selection of examples but a detailed discussion about what skills may be appropriate for a given background and what stuff a person of such a background may know automatically. Like, sailors or carters knowing about knots. A blacksmith might have tools herbalism as well as smiths' tools but only able to use the herbalism to make medicine on horses or other agricultural draft animals. Plus a useful discussion on tool proficiencies and their interaction with the skill system.
Discussion of skills coupled with other abilities, though the UA gives me some hope on this.
I would also like to see heroic inspiration be something more than an afterthought.

UngainlyTitan

Legend
Supporter
This is confirmed today and has been part of internal play testing.

Also confirmed today. They just weren't part of the public play test.

Remember, they do have internal playtesting.
It will be interesting to compare this new CR/encounter system and the old ones and for that matter to do a deep dive in to the old and new version of the monsters.
I have being toying with the idea of getting back into making YouTube videos and on the topic of D&D. This might be something I would enjoy diving into when the guidelines are published,
They did mention that the new guidelines would be in the format of some kind of budget to spend for a given difficulty level,
I wonder how it will compare to the existing XP budget version (which, it seems very few people actually used) and also be informative to compare with the point buy system Mike Mearls (@mearls ) seems to be pondering.

Mistwell

Crusty Old Meatwad (he/him)
This is confirmed today and has been part of internal play testing.

Also confirmed today. They just weren't part of the public play test.

Remember, they do have internal playtesting.
Why are you acting like I didn't know they had internal playtesting, or would know what they were internally testing and would confirm in the future after my post?

bedir than

Full Moon Storyteller
Why are you acting like I didn't know they had internal playtesting, or would know what they were internally testing and would confirm in the future after my post?
Of course I didn't act like you were able to tell the future, nor did I act like you didn't know they have internal playtesting.

I told you, the only sentence that was a reply to you in a multi-quote function that your desire was confirmed and that they were testing it internally.

Remove ads