TSR Giantlands

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mistwell

Crusty Old Meatwad (he/him)
Please don't try to suppress discussion.
Asking why we give a company attention isn't suppressing discussion, it IS discussion. Telling me to not ask why we keep giving this company attention does feel like suppressing that discussion however.

I mean, if you want discussion you could try and answer my legitimate question. Why do you think we keep giving them publicity?

Steampunkette

Rules Tinkerer and Freelance Writer
Supporter
You're trying to have a different discussion which by its very nature encourages a cessation of discussion on the topic.

Like. That's the position you've taken in the side-discussion you've created. That we should not provide them with "Free Publicity" and you're challenging people to convince you that we "Should".

It's an incredibly dishonest rhetorical tactic, especially to then tell a moderator that you're creating a discussion.

"Prove I'm wrong about my only tangentially connected assertion rather than discuss what you were discussing" is some pretty hefty sealioning.

Bolares

Hero
Why do you think we keep giving them publicity?
News are news. If people are still interested in following news about this subject (and popularity and engagement in the threads kinda show that they are) its fair game for news about it to be shared. It doesn't always need to be about giving or not publicity to them

Umbran

Mod Squad
Staff member
Supporter
Asking why we give a company attention isn't suppressing discussion, it IS discussion.

When you accompany that with implicit questioning how "worthy" it is for discussion, compared to other games, the negative implications are quite apparent.

I mean, if you want discussion you could try and answer my legitimate question. Why do you think we keep giving them publicity?

Because we don't actually give a hoot about whether it is "free publicity".

You want to talk about the hundreds of other games out there, feel free to start a thread about them.

Mistwell

Crusty Old Meatwad (he/him)
News are news. If people are still interested in following news about this subject (and popularity and engagement in the threads kinda show that they are) its fair game for news about it to be shared. It doesn't always need to be about giving or not publicity to them
News about TSR, sure. But discussing Giantlands? Of course if people are interested in discussing it that's fine, but I am curious WHY people are curious to discuss this particular game, separate from the TSR disaster itself? Its Kickstarter was quite a while ago and got almost no discussion.

Mannahnin

Scion of Murgen (He/Him)
The whole “theme park” idea makes me want to ask someone to check their medications.
I thought I had read something about Dinehart previously working at Evermore Park in Utah. I presumed this was an ambitious attempt by him to leverage that prior experience to offer an unusual (if a pit pie-in-the-sky) additional dimension to the RPG.

This appears to be his professional site:

Bolares

Hero
News about TSR, sure. But discussing Giantlands? Of course if people are interested in discussing it that's fine, but I am curious WHY people are curious to discuss this particular game, separate from the TSR disaster itself? Its Kickstarter was quite a while ago and got almost no discussion.
Giantlands, at this point can hardly be separated from TSR3. So the affluence of news about them will make people wonder about the game. I really don't see where this confusion about the topic can come from.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Remove ads