• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Great Villain Showdown: 4th Round [Results Posted]

Endur

First Post
The Coyote is not afraid of setbacks. The Coyote is willing to buy merchandise from Acme. The Coyote never relents. The Coyote can be blown up, but he keeps on coming.

Dark Jezter

First Post
My picks

Here are my picks...

1. Hannibal Lecter
2. Darth Vader
3. Professor James Moriarty (Sherlock Holmes)
4. The Joker
5. Megatron
6. Napoleon the Pig (Animal Farm)
7. Mr. Burns
8. Wile E. Coyote

Endur said:
The Coyote is not afraid of setbacks. The Coyote is willing to buy merchandise from Acme. The Coyote never relents. The Coyote can be blown up, but he keeps on coming.

He keeps on coming because he is such a fool! He could try to conquer the world, but he tries with one Roadrunner over and over again..... He is annoying, he is boring! Where is the villiainy?! Voldemort is evil, knows it, loves it, and also never gives up! He is the mix between laughing cartoony villains and ones like Hitler. And he has cool followers too, who follows Mr. Loser Coyote?

Klaus

First Post
"Now tell me, why the Coyote, why do you persist?!"

Because of that's what Wile would do.

And because of this (regarding Grant Morrison's run on DC's Animal Man series):
"Morrison wrote later that he initially could only plan the first four issues. Forced to come up with a plan for an ongoing series, Morrison began to lay the groundwork for the remainder of his run. #5, "The Coyote Gospel," featured a cartoon coyote (like Wile E. Coyote) named Crafty who enters our -- or at least the DC Universe's -- reality only to be shot. In the story, the coyote hands Animal Man The Gospel According to Crafty -- a text that tells of how Crafty tired of the endless violence and struck a deal with his (artistic) Creator to suffer in our world -- or the DC Universe -- in exchange for peace in his cartoon world. Crafty dies in the end, held by Animal Man, and the "camera" pulls back to show Crafty bloody on the road where it crosses, making him a Christ-figure; what's more, we see the fingers and brush of Crafty's Creator putting red blood over the image. Filled with Native American overtones of the coyote as trickster figure, and complete with a series of suggestive epilogues that hinted at the postmodern twists Morrison would later apply in the series, the issue stands as the first one that really feels like Morrison's own."

4rd Round

1. Hannibal Lecter
2. Darth Vader
3. Khan Noonian Singh
4. The Joker
5. Megatron
6. Sauron (Lord of the Rings)
7. Emperor Palpatine
8. Lord Voldemort[/QUOTE]

Psychic Warrior

First Post
1. Hal 9000
2. Darth Vader
3. Professor James Moriarty
4. The Joker
5. Galactus
7. Emperor Palpatine
8. Lord Voldemort

Wile E may be a super genuis but he just can't pull out that elusive victory. Voldemort came back from the dead! (although he was beaten up by a baby)

Templetroll

Explorer
4rd Round

1. Hal 9000
2. Dracula
3. Professor James Moriarty (Sherlock Holmes)
4. The Joker
5. Galactus
7. Emperor Palpatine
8. Lord Voldemort

Wolf72

Explorer
Darth Vader ... if Buffy can beat Dracula so can Anni

Megatron ... I have the original toy, and his stock, sight, and silencer combine to make a black hole cannon (something like that).

PatrickLawinger

First Post
Missed the other votes so don't know if I am eligible. here are my choices:

4rd Round

1. Hal 9000-Hard choice, but Hal has no emotion, nothing is scarier than something that just simply doesn't have any emotional investment at all.
2. Darth Vader- force choke and out the airlock baby, at least the "original" Vader
3. Professor James Moriarty- I just like him ...
4. Thoth-Amon (Conan) - not Joker fan, he is just nuts. Thoth, now he is EEEvilllll
5. oops! sorry can't really make an educated choice, have only witnessed Megatron like once
6. Napoleon the Pig - he is the evil down the street, Sauron makes others do the dirty work (still scary though).
7. Emperor Palpatine - sorry, can't see Mr Burns winning here.
8. Wile E. Coyote - I like Voldemort too, but well, the coyote gets blown up and keeps on coming, and he doesn't even HAVE magic

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads