• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Greyhawk - Return of the Slavelords! Part 1

Karl Green

First Post
wysiwyg said:
Lorien finds a concealed place where he can sleep for 2 hours (all he needs for a full night's rest due to the ring of sustenance).

He does not light a fire for warmth (doesn't need that either due to the Endure Elements spell).

As soon as he wakes up, he resumes his tracking.

Lorien finds a concealed and safe place and sleeps two hours and wakes an hour or so before midnight to resume his hunt...

Karl Green

First Post
Someone said:
"Leave glory for others. I told you what raiders do and what I´ve seen them doing. Now, if I find a horse that could carry me, that would be great."

Back at the Castle still two hours before sunset, the party quickly assembles their gear and weapons, and mount. There is one other person who seems to be ready also. He is an older, rough looking human, dressed in brown leathers. He is riding a half-wild looking pinto stallion, and wearing a number of different weapons. Approaching the group he says "I be Refleev, and will cut a trail for the lads to follow if ye have me. I know the lands to the east of here well. From the young lady's tale, I think that the place attack was the homestead of Yass Koth, about an hour or so hard ride from here. We best be off for sunset. The rest of the woodsmen will lead the guard when they be ready…"

wysiwyg

First Post
Lorien, Human Ranger

"A raven is not a nocturnal bird", Lorien ponders. I suspect foul (excuse the pun) play. Lorien proceeds with caution. He suspects that the raven might be some kind of familiar used as a guard for the raiders. He will travel as softly and use the cover of the trees as much as possible.

Spells Memorized:
Endure Elements
Entangle

Last edited:

djrdjmsqrd

First Post
Defrel, Male Human, Thief

And now, who is this?
"Greetings, Refleev, I know not the talents of my compaions, however, I would welcome a pathfinder on this trek..." Defrel speaks, turning to the others, "I am Defrel the Lost, of Greyhawk, I travel for my own reasons...we would do well to have this man travel with us..."

Scotley

Hero
Verrick Human Rogue/Wizard

djrdjmsqrd said:
And now, who is this?
"Greetings, Refleev, I know not the talents of my compaions, however, I would welcome a pathfinder on this trek..." Defrel speaks, turning to the others, "I am Defrel the Lost, of Greyhawk, I travel for my own reasons...we would do well to have this man travel with us..."

"Indeed this road is new to me. Please good Refleev do lead us as you blaze your trail. I would consider it an honor to ride with you. Let us make haste."

Rayex

First Post
Geenaa - Female Barbarian

"Yes, I agree! Let us make haste!" the young woman agrees with the rest of the party.
"Greetings Refleev, I am Geenaa the furious. I am sure we all are happy to have a skilled tracker joining us." she says and smiles at the man.
"Well then, what are we waiting for?"

johnsemlak

First Post
Philo Human Paladin

Philo urges all to make haste. He then reaches for his symbol of Heironeous, an amulet he proudly wears which bears the lightning bolt in hand, holds the symbol aloft, and calls for Silvermane, his mount.

Karl Green

First Post
After borrowing one of the larger steeds from the Dame's stables, Norbac and the rest head out of the castle, Refleev leading the way. About an hour and a half later, the group comes upon the half burnt out homestead. There is only an hour or so of sunlight left, as they group spreads out and looks around. Very quickly the arrows that someone left places out on the ground. It is easy to determine that this is probably the work of Lorien.

Refleev says in a gruff voice "Lad knows his woodcraft… the trail is leading east… just like the rest. This not be a good sign. We best make haste…" he then goes about marking some trees and placing a color rock next to it.

Again the party heads out, and as sun is setting they come upon the stream cutting through the hills. "This be the Storm River… what be that I wonder?" as he spots another of Lorien's arrows, this time pointing north. Refleev start making more marks for the trail and says "If the lad can keep it up we can push on into the night. We might catch them, but these fiends will not rest until they are… safe back in their thrice curse hold where the Dame's men can not cross into…"

Heading north the darkness of the night falls quickly upon the land. The group moves to where the raiders cut back out of the stream and once again headed north. Refleev again makes trail markings and signs for the guard that will follow. By touchlight now, the party moves on into the broken and hilly terrain.

Even in the dark, it is not to hard to follow the trail left by the heavy wagon as it cuts into the earth…It is getting closer to midnight now, and everyone is fairly tired.

[occ]To push on much longer will require a Fort save (Endurance adds +4 to this roll) to avoid fatigued. Each two hours more will require and additional check and the DC will increase. If the first check fails then successive check will are verses Exhaustion.[/occ]

Last edited:

Scotley

Hero
Karl Green said:
Very quickly the arrows that someone left places out on the ground. It is easy to determine that this is probably the work of Lorien.

Even in the dark, it is not to hard to follow the trail left by the heavy wagon as it cuts into the earth…It is getting closer to midnight now, and everyone is fairly tired.

Verrick picks up Lorien's arrows. He made need these and Refleev obviously has his own system.

[ooc\]How long since we last found one of Lorien's arrows? [/ooc]

"Refleev, you've done a wonderful job. How close do you think we are to our quarry? Are we still on the trail of my friend Lorien?"

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads