Greyhawk: The Golden Era CY 963: EPIC CAMPAIGN - Campaign Logs + RESTORED CAMPAIGN THREAD

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tellerian Hawke

Defender of Oerth
GM:

Luis, you forgot that when you charge, you only get 1 attack, since you don't have the Dire Charge epic feat.

You also forgot to add in your sneak attack damage.

I am also adding in the called shot damage, since you would have called it, had you known.

So:

Your attack hits, for 32+13 (45) points, minus damage reduction (26) = you inflict 19 points of damage.

UNLESS DELBIN HAS SPELLS TO CAST, IT'S THE ORC'S TURN.

GM:
DM Housekeeping:

Orc: -884 Hit Points. Moderately Wounded, Extremely Angry.

Sylvar B.

Explorer
Delbin stops moving long enough to focus on casting Empowered Horrid Wilting at the Orc King, then continues rushing to the scene
OOC: Horrid Wilting can be cast at 400ft plus 40 ft per level, Delbin can cast it from 1680 feet

Tellerian Hawke

Defender of Oerth
GM:
Sorry it took this long for me to reply, yesterday was extremely busy, and I literally had no time whatsoever to check or update ANYTHING. Ha ha.

Delbin's best SR roll = 20+38 = 58. Delbin fails to break the Orc's spell resistance.

Delbin, you are a bit non-plussed to find that the Orc can so easily shrug off one of your most potent spells!

In a surprising move, the Orc takes a single, 5-foot adjustment, out of the reach of both Jynx and Luis, ending his movement adjacent to Sphynx, on his left side. He then begins to cast a spell!

GM:
Sphynx, you gain an attack of opportunity; you can attempt to disrupt his spell, if you so desire. He is casting in a defensive manner; AC: 55.

As the Orc is doing this, the wounds on his body begin to close on their own!

Orc: -864 hit points. Moderately wounded. Angry, but looking more focused now.

MacConnell

Creator of The Untamed Wilds
Seeing the demonic orc performing his own feat of magic, Sphynx takes advantage of the situation to physically attacks to attempt to disrupt his concentration, whirling his staff and sliding back as he thrust the hardened obsidian blade forward.

OOC: Random d20s for your use since I cannot use Rollz: 18, 13, 18, 19, 4, 18, 10, 19, 15, 4

Last edited:

Tellerian Hawke

Defender of Oerth
Sphynx jabs the Orc with the obsidian end of his staff; the blow connects, but it is not enough to break the Orc's concentration.

GM:
18+88 = 106. (Hit.) [Called Shot]
Damage: 2d4+3d6+25 = 37 points of damage.
Orc's Damage Reduction: 26
Total Damage Taken: 37 - 26 = 11 points.
Concentration DC = 10 + Spell Level [7] + Damage Taken [11] = DC 28.
Result: 1d20+24 = 44 (Orc rolled natural 20.) The Orc is able to finish his spell, despite the distraction of being scratched by the spear.

The Orc disappears! He has obviously teleported.

GM:
Sphynx, your spellcraft is sufficiently high to know the information that I am about to email you without even having to roll for it.

[Everyone: What do you do?]

MacConnell

Creator of The Untamed Wilds
Sphynx whorls the weapon to a guarded rest position as the orc vanished, creasing his brow.

"I can tell this beast has now gone to the Abyss. I can determine which level but not the specific location."

Sylvar B.

Explorer
Delbin continues rushing toward the camp.

GM:

We are no longer in combat rounds. You can now assume that the party has gathered on the hilltop.

Last edited by a moderator:

Luis

First Post
Luis says, " The beast is obviously returning from which he came, and who sent him." " This isn't entirely a bad thing."

Tellerian Hawke

Defender of Oerth
As the party gathers on the hilltop, Pondren is the first to suggest: "Perhaps we should tend to the dead? This one," he says, pointing to the pile of dust that was once a corpse, "is beyond our prayers, his soul has been drained, and fed upon by that beast, but these other bodies here are unspoiled. They deserve a proper burial."

GM: It would require a Wish or Miracle to know the Orc's exact location (enough to follow him), and that would require an expenditure of 5,000 xp of the person who casts it. I would also remind you that your purpose here was to rest, and regain spells, and if you were to follow the Orc, you would be following him into The Abyss, the most hostile of all possible destinations, in regard to the trespassing presence of mortal kin such as yourselves.

[Everyone: What do you do?]

Nezkrul

First Post
eats the venison

"Ok, miracle men. I like watching this part." Jynx smiles as he chews on the cooked meat, waiting for his friends to work their divine magics.

"One thing, though." Jynx muses, "if you *miracled* that dusty corpse's soul back here, wouldn't it pull that orc-thing with it?"

Despite Jynx' apparent lax defensive posture, he is keenly keeping aware of their surroundings, Sun and Moon at the ready.

Last edited:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Remove ads